|Date(s):||1967 (novel); 1994 (TV series)|
|Medium:||novel, TV series, TV movie|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Christy is a historical fiction novel by Catherine Marshall, published in 1967. The book follows Christy Huddleston, who in 1912 moves from an upper class family in the city to a rural Appalachian community to teach, the people that she meets there, and the men she falls in love with.
Christy was made into a TV series with two seasons in 1994-1995. Three made-for-TV movies with some of the same cast were released in 2000-2001.
The annual ChristyFest festival is held in Townsend and Del Rio, Tennessee. The festival "is a tribute to and celebration of the beloved and best selling novel by Catherine Marshall, “Christy”, as well as the television series based on the book (1994-1995, the series was filmed in Townsend), and two made for television movies."
Resources & Links
- Christy works at FFnet
- The Christy Fan Fiction Archive, some pages now down, available archived
- The 2005 Christy Fest Fan Fiction Contest
- Christy Fan Fiction
- An Appalachian Pastoral Romance, a Neil/Christy fansite
- ChristyFest on Facebook and Wordpress
- Welcome to the Christy Forum - the place to discuss all things Christy! (not regularly used)