|Date(s):||Started May 2001, last updated June 2004|
|External Links:||On ff.net|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Author summary: The ongoing saga of a Japanese spy and an American waif, thrown together in a tapestry of espionage, romance and murder in London of the early 1900s, with the fabulous Peacecraft estate as a backdrop for their adventures.
Mitsugi cites the television series 'Upstairs, Downstairs' as an inspiration for the story in her author notes 
Recs & Reviews
- "If you haven't read this, you have to be very new to the fandom or have a short attention span. This fic is amazingly long and engaging and beyond charming. It is the all-time classic of Gundam Wing fanfiction, even if it is 6 chapters away from being finished and on hiatus." 
- Well, what can I say about this fic? Only that it's one of the best fics I've read -- ever, be it an AU or regular fic -- in any fandom. ... The attention to detail is mind-blowing, the characters all ring true to their canon counterparts (all of them, and since BW has a very large cast, this all the more amazing) and the build-up of the relationships is just... awe-inspiring. ... Bridlewood Manor is the kind of story everyone should have read. 
- Over 800 reviews on fanfiction.net as of June 2011. Although presumably a lot of them are just whining about the story never being finished.
- "Bridlewood Manor is a story partly modelled after the classic British TV series, Upstairs, Downstairs, and it takes place in "real-time" minus 100 years exactly." Bridlewood Manor Chapter 1, accessed 15 June 2011.
- "Regnabo in hir LJ". Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Fanfiction Recommendations at Self Destruction 101". Retrieved 17 June 2011.