|Fandom:||Backstreet Boys, RPS|
|External Links:||Beautiful Whore, Archived version|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Beautiful Whore is a Backstreet Boys fiction series by Matthew Haldeman-Time.
- Privileged: (Nick Carter/Kevin Richardson) NC-17 [Wherein Kevin takes what's offered, tries to take more, and is taken.]
- Good Vibration: (Nick Carter/Kevin Richardson) NC-17 [Wherein Nick tries out a new toy, Kevin tries out a new toy, and the new toy tries out Kevin.]
- Promise: (Nick Carter/Kevin Richardson) NC-17 [Wherein Nick takes care of business, says he'll take care of Kevin, and then takes Kevin.]
- Happy Anniversary?: (Nick Carter/Kevin Richardson) NC-17 [Wherein some relationship issues are divulged, Kevin seems to have passed a test, and who wants a healthy relationship, anyway?.]
- Three Little Words: (Nick Carter/Kevin Richardson) NC-17 [Wherein the pairing's still Nick/Kevin and not Kevin/Nick no matter what, Kevin learns a few things, and be careful what you wish for...]
- In the beginning... : (Nick Carter/Kevin Richardson) NC-17 [Wherein Kevin remembers, wonders, and says, "Yeah."]
Reactions and Reviews
I don't care what you think of real person slash. I don't care what you think of the Backstreet Boys. I don't care if your definition of hell would be to spend a year strapped to a chair listening to the Boys' new "Black and Blue" album. You need to read this story. It is far and away the most interesting thing I've read this year. It's the sort of gem you find after muddling through archives of mediocre fiction and makes you want to dance with the dog. It's the sort of story that makes you want to become best friends with the author. It's the sort of story that makes you want to log off the Internet as quickly as possible, whip open Microsoft Word and write something of your own. It's the sort of story you wish you wrote. "Beautiful Whore" defies what would normally make the perfect story for me in many ways, such as the fact that it's a series and I usually don't have time to read a series. But each story and break is necessary, each bit of imagery poetic and descriptive and downright sexy. It's erotic long before it talks about dicks and asses. Its use of parallel sentences and repetition is hypnotic. It's full of symbolism and subtle gems that show that the person behind it thought this through carefully and created his world aptly. When you combine it all, you have something that makes you sad, happy and horny before you even realize what's happening to you.