Ancient's Gate (Stargate SG-1 zine series)
|Medium:||print fanzine, CD|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Ancient's Gate 1 is slash. Its subtitle is "Jack and Daniel." It was published in December 2004 and contains 271 pages.
- Miracle Upon Miracles by Joag (22 pages)
- Feverish by Imagine (16 pages)
- The Drake Equation by Eos (45 pages)
- Straight On 'Til Morning by babs (10 pages)
- In the Dew of Little Things by JayEm (6 pages)
- Compromising Positions by Devra (80 pages)
- Believe in Miracles by Nancy (24 pages)
- Enkiddu by Graculus (19 pages)
- What Was Once Broken by Sideburns (46 pages)
Ancient's Gate 2 is gen. Its subtitle is "Raising the Gate." It was published in December 2004 and contains 201 pages.From the editorial:
I have such lovely friends.
It takes a special kind of friend to answer a call that will require them to give up a big chunk ot their time, talent, and inspiration. It takes a special kind of friend to not only meet but beat a deadline that would make a seasoned pro cringe in fear. It takes a special kind of writer to not only meet or beat a deadline, but to do it with a story that touches the heart and soul ot their editor (me) and hopefully their readers (you). Sometimes you just don't know who your friends are until circumstances bring about a meeting ot hearts and purposes. And then you are made humble.For all ot the above and so much more, my dears, I can only offer a heartfelt.. .thank you.
- Leap of Faith by Sunrise (3)
- Like Friends, Like Family by babs (50)
- Return to the Fold by Tivester (62)
- Marauders by Joag (93)
- A Little Lower Than the Angels by Nefret (137)
- Conundrum by Nancy Richardson (160)
- Lessons from the Field by Devra (176)
- Raising the Gate by Jmas (192)
Ancient's Gate 3 is slash. Its subtitle is "Heart and Soul." It contains 250 pages and while undated, was published in December 2004.The editorial:
This one has been an effort. Busy times for all of us, the beginning of the holidays and real life stresses. For myself, I'm a heartbeat (okay a longish one) from achieving a goal I've worked towards for nearly three years. It's exciting, it's rewarding, but it's also a little frightening, too. I'm too old to start over, but do it 1 shall. And I know I'll have you guys there to keep me focussed on the goal. For which I can never thank you enough.
- The Invitation by Nancy (3)
- Lost Legends by Joag (29)
- Tread Softly by Imagine (53)
- Snapshots by Myste (80)
- Chimaera by Graculus (107)
- Somewhere I Belong by Devra (123)
- Erie by Sistine (133)
- Cherish by Kalimyre (141)
- Bridge Over Rough Waters by Debi C. (146)
- Silence by Lady Gray (171)
- Heart and Soul by JayEm (176)
- A Good Man is Hard to Find by babs (179)
- Contemplation by Devra (189)
Ancient's Gate 4 is both gen and slash. Its subtitle is "Recognition." It contains 371 pages. While dated, it was published in 2005.The foreword:
Stargate canon refuses, to date, to render Daniel the recognition and acclaim many ot us believe he deserves. It's neither right nor fair that Daniel, unlike his scientific counterpart on the team, is not given due credit tor opening the gate, tor his many accomplishments and sacrifices as a result ot opening it, has very rarely been given due recognition by his co-workers, much less his peers, and cannot publish non-essential findings he discovers through the gate. Herein we seek to rectify that injustice and hope, some day, canon will too. Here's to the inimitable Doctor Daniel Jackson. There's never been another like him, and the world is the poorer tor it. He deserves all contained within these pages and so much more.As always, many thanks to the writers who made this tribute come to lite so brilliantly.
- Moving On Up by Tivester (3)
- Shai by Joag (11)
- First Enemy by Fabrisse (62)
- The Words We Never Say by babs (76)
- Footnote by orby (91)
- Long Overdue by Nancy Richardson (116)
- Conundrum by Eos (134)
- Poetry and Hums by Jmas (168)
- Tok'ra Don't Dance by JB (227)
Ancient's Gate 5 is slash. Its subtitle is "Depths." It contains 225 pages and while undated, was published in January 2005.The editorial:
A new year is ahead of us now and with it a sense of hope and enduring renewal. It is out sincere desire that everyone travel through the new year in peace, comfort, and health.Herein we hope you will find inspiration for all those things with the inimitable pair that is Jack and Daniel. Despite coming changes for the show, these two will live forever in our hearts, in our minds, and in our imaginations. Here's to many, many years of continuing adventures and abiding love for our two boys.
- Alkaloid by Devra (3)
- When the Gloves Come Off by Hapshut (16)
- It Must have Been the Mistletoe by Sistine (23)
- Getting It by One of Azadia (40)
- Those Left Behind by babs (49)
- The Different Drummer by Imagine (60)
- Depths of Soul, poem by JayEm (125)
- Manipulation by Kalimyre (126)
Ancient's Gate 6 is gen. Its subtitle is "Gods and Men." It was published in April 2005 and contains 200 pages.The editorial:
This is the httle gen zine that could... but almost didn't. It's been a tough road to get this one filled enough to publish, but we're finally there. As always, thanks so much to the authors and contributors for making it possibly. I never forget how truly blessed I am to know you all.As some of you know, [personal info redacted] so I'm somewhat more scattered than usual. I tried to get a story going, but didn't make it this time. This is the first time I've not added anything to a zine and I hope it will be the last.
- Seat of Command by Scribe (3)
- That's What We Do by Nancy (19)
- Song of the Traveler by babs (38)
- Walk a Mile by Tivester (53)
- Free Fall by Eos (58)
- Rule Number Two by Devra (94)
- Time Was by Fabrisse (118)
- Darkness by babs (124)
- Phoenix Rising by Joag (147)
Ancient's Gate 7 is slash. Its subtitle is "Ancient of Days." It was published in 2005 and contains 248 pages.The editorial:
We're pleased to bring you AG7, almost a year of zines now and you have all been inordinately kind and supportive. I hope we can continue to bring you the kind of stories you enjoy from the writers I, and you, enjoy so much.
There are lots of changes happening on the show, lots of attitudes evolving. One thing I can promise... Jack and Daniel, the souls of SGI, will always be first and foremost with us. I won't promise the new colonel won't appear in future stories, but I have no intention of ever printing slash stories including him. For me, the essence of the friendship of Jack and Daniel was the reason for slash... the emotion squared was the reason I wrote it and read it. That doesn't exist for me with the new character... I'm not in it just to slash any two characters and never have been. It's never been about writing sex for me and never will be; it's about a love between two men that didn't mind if people thought they were 'confident heterosexuals' or not. They just cared down to their souls and it was a beautiful, platonic thing.Slash is, for me, a what if with a foundation. The foundation, regardless of what happens in the show from now on, is Jack and Daniel. Always will be.
- A Man Called Daniel by Sideburns (the online version was "updated in 2007") (3)
- Clarification by Devra (26)
- Almost is Close Enough by Joag (48)
- In His Mind's Eye by Graculus (135)
- Cold by JDJunkie (144)
- Waiting, Again by Nancy (155)
- The Age Inside by Sistine (191)
- Ancient of Days by JayEm (246)
Ancient's Gate 8 is gen. Its subtitle is "Legends." It was published in 2005 and contains 189 pages.
- Ask and Learn by Nancy Richardson
- Reason Not the Need by JD Junkie
- Campfire Stories by Fabrisse
- Traveler's Return by Redbyrd
- Hero Worship by babs
- All That Matters by Jennamajig
- Ariadne by Joag
- Splintered by Jmas
- SG-1 or Bust by Tivester
Ancient's Gate 9 is slash. Its subtitle is "Devotion." It was published in 2006 and contains 200 pages.
- The Offer by Imagine
- Contagion by Joag
- Night Tremors by Nancy
- Signed, Sealed and Delivered by Devra
- And Until We Meet Again by babs
- Resolutions and Realizations by Sabrina M.
- Through Thick and Thin by Sistine
- Right Side of Wrong by OneofAzadia
- Final Reckoning by JayEm
Ancient's Gate 10 is gen. Its subtitle is "Remember When." It contains 200 pages.
- Fall-Out by Nancy Richardson
- What Ifs by Jennamajig
- Fifteen Minutes from D.C. by Tivester
- Through the Looking Glass by DebiC
- Remember When by Jmas
- Frequency by Moonshayde
Ancient's Gate 11 is slash. Its subtitle is "Horizons." It was published in 2006 and contains 182 pages.
- A Man Called Daniel by Sideburns
- Clarification by Devra
- Almost is Close Enough by Joag
- In His Mind's Eye by Graculus
- Cold by JDJunkie
- Waiting, Again by Nancy
- The Age Inside by Sistine
- Ancient of Days by JayEm
Ancient's Gate 12 is gen. Its subtitle is called "Landscapes." It was published in 2006 and contains 200 pages.
- Knishing for Answers by Devra
- Landscapes by Jmas
- Stranglehold by Joag
- Complete by Dennny J.
Ancient's Gate 13 is slash. Its subtitle is "Men Like Us." It was published in 2007 and contains 195 pages.
- Chaplain Series: Meridian by Fabrisse
- Men Like Us by JayEm
- Little Soldiers by Trajan
- The Right Place by Sistine
- Watch Your Step by Nancy
- Not in Particular Will by babs and JayEm
- Forgiving Ceremony by Joag
Ancient's Gate 14 is gen. Its subtitle is "Shadows." It was published in 2007 and contains 212 pages.
- Rhyme or Reason by Tiv'ester
- Aftermath by Graculus
- Dead End by Joag
- If the Spirit Moves You by Denny J.
- Mirror, Mirror by Annie and Lyn Townsend
- Old Friends and New Beginnings by Darcy and babs
Ancient's Gate 15 is slash. Its subtitle is "The Way It Is." It was published in 2007 and contains 186 pages.
- Echoes by Cowardly Lion
- Epiphanies Too by Lore
- One Kiss by Sistine
- Ten Years by Nancy Richardson
- No Regrets by Devra and Joag
- The Way It Is by JayEm
- Ramifications of Fun by Fabrisse
Ancient's Gate 16 is gen. Its subtitle is "Against the Wind." It was published in 2007 and contains 186 pages.
- Going Live in 5, 4, 3, 2... Tiv'ester
- Fragments by Nancy
- Against the Wind by Jmas
- The Yard Man by Tejas
- Strangers by Joag
- The Mercy of Mot D by Denny J.
Ancient's Gate 17 is both gen and slash. Its subtitle is "Better Days." It was published in 2008 and contains 236 pages.
- Forever and a Starbuck's Run by Devra slash (15 pages)
- Where Honor is Due by Taylyn10 gen (9 pages)
- Identity Crisis by Lunar slash (32 pages)
- Trusting Starlight by babs gen (23 pages)
- The Cost of Need by Lyn gen (18 pages)
- Memories by Annie slash (13 pages)
- Memories and Consequence by Nancy slash (45 pages)
- The Major Problem by Fabrisse gen (7 pages)
- Psalm 150 by Fabrisse gen (6 pages)
- One More Chance by Sistine slash (11 pages)
- Feudal Lies by Eilidh17 gen (56 pages)
Ancient's Gate 18 is gen. It is subtitled "Falling Inside." It was published in 2008 and has 279 pages.
- Black and Blue by Storyhaus
- Almost There by Nancy Richardson
- Eye of the Beholder by babs
- Dangerous Whispers by Samantilles
- Sharp Dressed Man by Storyhaus
- Entombed by Carlyn
- A Tangled Web by Eilidh
- Beware That Which Commands Us by Carlyn, Eilidh, Baileys, Amberfly, Major Cliffhanger, DennyJ, AnnO, and Nancy Richardson
Ancient's Gate 19 is slash. It is subtitle is "Fine Again." It was published in 2009 and contains 423 pages. Art by Eilidh and JayEm.
- The Cabin by Nancy R.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished by Carlyn
- Stranded by babs & DennyJ
- Ship of Love by Storyhaus
- Redemption by Jillie