|Fandom:||The Walking Dead|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
these two men had bonded beforehand and then stuck together and protected each other throughout this really difficult time in human history
The Walking Dead’s Big Gay Love Story: Ross Marquand on Aaron’s Coming Out Party - Melissa Leon
Aaron and Eric are introduced in Season 5, they are recruiters for the Alexandria Safe Zone, and are romantic partners. After Eric is injured bringing in Rick's group Aaron no longer wants Eric to be a recruiter and asks Daryl for his help. When Alexandria is over run by a herd Aaron and Eric join the community in their fight against the walkers. After the Saviors take control of Alexandria Aaron and Eric disagree on Aaron's actions and his loyalty to Rick, with Eric saying "I want us alive, Both of us." Eric died in Season 8 during a firefight with the Saviors.
Common Tropes in Fanworks
- Prequel or Pastfic: filling in Aaron and Eric's backstory, example: how they met
- Alexandra Safe Zone: concentrating on what their lives are like in the safe zone
- Threesome: Usually involving Daryl Dixon or Jesus
- Side Pairing: Aaron and Eric are a popular secondary pairing, especially in stories featuring Daryl Dixon
- Shortly after Aaron and Eric are introduced, on the TV series, they kiss. This led to some fans expressing anger at the show. Most of these fan comments were seen as homophobic. Other fans thought the reaction was strange, because Aaron and Eric are canonically gay characters from the comics.
- Aaron has Eric, Archived version by gretasart
- Aaron loves…Eric! (and vise versa) by imfromthenightosphere
- Untitled, Archived version by madwomanlexie
- the awesome gay couple that’s making it to season eight, Archived version by gretasart
- 2190 Days by deilen_gwyrdd
- Support by glassgoblin
- Overnighters by Eirwyn
- In Fair Alexandria by ohdaito
- Aaron/Eric Raleigh at Archive of Our Own
- Aaron + Eric at FanFiction.net
- Tumblr Tags: Aaron x Eric, Eric x Aaron, Aaric
- "The Walking Dead's Big Gay Love Story: Ross Marquand on Aaron's Coming Out Party".
- "The Walking Dead: The Ominous Easter Egg You May Have Missed In Rock In The Road".
- "'So you're OK with child murder, but not a gay kiss?' Twitter users react with fury after fans of The Walking Dead object to kiss between two homosexual characters".