|Date(s):||2006 - 2015|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Hello and welcome to 30 Ways, yet another theme community! Like the other theme communities out there, such as 30_hugs and 30_kisses, this is a multi-fandom community centering around fanfics and/or fanart having to do with love. However, the characters need not be in romantic or sexual love. All kinds of love are welcome, including familial love (incestuous or otherwise), friendship, and twisted love. As long as you can plausibly make the fic/art work with the theme you've picked, go for it!
1. I've thought it over, and since most communities don't allow threesomes because it causes three couples to be claimed at a time, I've decided that threesomes will be allowed. This means, however, that if the threesome you want is X/Y/Z, the pairings of X/Y, Y/Z, and X/Z will still be open for anyone else who wants them.
2. Heterosexual, homosexual, and lesbian pairings are all equally welcome. If you have issues with this, keep them to yourself, please and thank you.
3. NC-17 fics/R-rated pics will be accepted, but they must be LJ-cut. No exceptions. Same goes for R-rated fics.
4. Incest is also okay.
5. Bestiality, however, is not. Not even if you do an awesome, hilarious parody. Sorry.
6. No porn. Artistic nudity is okay. Pornography is not. Artistic nudity is Michaelangelo's David. Artistic nudity is not something with strippers. Yes, I know the internet is for porn. Just not this internet.
7. If you think thirty themes are a bit much for one person to handle, feel free to ask a friend or two to help you write/draw with you. However, no more than three people per theme, all right? It wouldn't be much of a challenge if you and twenty-nine other people each wrote/drew a theme, now, would it?
8. If you and a friend or two decide to share a claim, if you'd like, you can post your story in the form of an RP log. An example of an RP log may be found here.
About the Themes:
1. Don't feel you need to write the themes in any particular order. Write them as your muses threaten you with sharp objects dictate.
2. You can write as much or as little as you want for each theme, to a minimum of 100 words. If you want to write an entire novel-length fic for each theme, you're crazy, but feel free, as long as you can post one every two months. Same goes for drawing, although please try to put some effort into it. Don't draw thirty ten-second stick figure drawings, okay? This doesn't mean I expect the Mona Lisa, but at least try.
3. HAVE FUN. No, seriously. Most important rule there is.