The Elder Scrolls
|Name:||The Elder Scrolls|
|Date(s):||1994 - present|
|Medium:||video games (XBox, Xbox 360, PC, PlayStation 3)|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Elder Scrolls is a video game series created by Bethesda. While a variety of games have been created since the series was introduced in 1994, they are generally RPGs. The Elder Scrolls has had a star-studded cast of voice actors including Sir Patrick Stewart, Michael Hogan and Stephen Russell.
Elder Scroll games are set in the land of Tamriel, a continent on the planet Nirn. Generally speaking, each game is set in a different place on the continent, which is often reflected in the game's title, such as Daggerfall (1996), Morrowind (2002), and Skyrim (2011).
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena (1994; PC)
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (1996; PC)
- An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire (1997; PC)
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard (1998; PC)
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (2002; PC, XBox)
- The Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal (2002; PC, XBox)
- The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon (2003)
- The Elder Scrolls Travels: Stormhold (2004)
- The Elder Scrolls Travels: Dawnstar (2004)
- The Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey (2006)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2006; XBox, PS3)
- The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion (2006; mobile phones)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine (2006)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles (2007)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011; PC, XBox360, PS3)
Parts of the TES fandom have found the music of the games to be of particular inspiration, and popular remixes have been developed and put onto Youtube.
Modding has been a large part of the PC experience, and Bethseda has released a construction for their games so modders can easily edit and create portions of the games.
Let's Plays and Walkthroughs
- Oblivion Let's Play by Freelance Astronauts.
Memes and In-Jokes
There are various fandom memes and jokes surrounding Skyrim. The Fus Ro Dah shout, "I used to be an adventurer like you, until I took an arrow to the knee," the frustrating habit followers have of stepping on every trap in a dungeon, or directly into a player's power attack. . . 
There is an active presence of fan artists for the franchise on DeviantArt.