(Redirected from Remopodmo)
|Name:||ReMoPodMo / Record More Podfic Month|
|Moderator:||cantarina, croissantkatie, analise010, curiously_me, growlery|
|URL:||livejournal; Dreamwidth, Twitter|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Inspired by the format of communities like mini_wrimo, this is a challenge designed to allow podficcers to make a daily commitment of at least ten minutes to spend on any stage of podfic production.ReMoPodMo LJ profile
The community/challenge ran on two "tracks" a year: one in November and one scheduled to match with infamous podfic challenge Amplificathon (usually in the Spring).
From the FAQ:
What is this anyway?ReMoPodMo Track 4 FAQ
ReMoPodMo - Record More Podfic Month - is a challenge to encourage the creation of podfic. You, the podficcer, make a commitment to spend a certain number of minutes a day working on any one of your projects. During earlier Tracks, the community also shaped up to be a social, supportive place and we'd like to maintain that moving forward!
- Participants signed up for a minimum of 10 minutes of podfic-related work a day.
- Any part of the podficcing process could be counted (reading, recording, editing, etc.)
- Moderators posted daily check-in posts and encouraged participants to talk about their progress and potential frustrations, and to interact with each other
- Not meeting one's goal or not checking in on time did not have negative consequences.
- Track 1: Nov 2011 (LJ only)
- Track 2: May-June 2011 (LJ/DW)
- Track 3: Nov 2011 (LJ/DW)
- Track 4: April 2012 (LJ/DW)
- Track 5: Nov 2012 (LJ/DW)
- Track 6: Nov 2013 (DW only)
- Track 7: Apr 2014 (DW only)
- Track 8: Announced for June 2019 - did not run (DW only)