The Stargate Novel Archive
|Name:||The Stargate Novel Archive|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Stargate Novel Archive is an archive for SG-1 fanfiction that is over 150kb (25,000 words) in length. The last update was in 2005 and the archive hosts circa 700 stories.
- Why create a specialized archive like this?
- One of the founder's favorite archives on the internet, The Annex (for X-Files fan fiction), is devoted to stories that are novel length. It is an excellent place to find stories to read on rainy days, when you want to procrastinate doing work (or sleeping), or for afternoons when you just want to get lost in a long, involved story. Finding those long, involved stories is not always easy, however. That's why this archive was started, to locate stories based on the Stargate movie or television series that you can really sink your teeth into. Hopefully, it will also encourage fan fiction writers to write longer stories. After all, why should the X-Files fandom have all the fun?
The page is a member of the Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring.
From the submission information page:
- 1. No Slash or Adult content will be accepted for the current, gen archive. All stories submitted that contain slash or adult content will be held for inclusion on the upcoming Adult/Slash expansion to the archive.
- 2. Stargate: Atlantis stories are not currently included on the archive. They will be added in a future update, however, so if your story fits the rest of the criteria, feel free to submit them to us. [...]
- 5. Finally and most importantly, all stories submitted must be 150kb in length or longer in order to be considered a novella or novel-length story. This is roughly 55 typed pages with double spaces between paragraphs, or 25,000 words. If you have a series of stories that, together, is more than 150kb, you can combine them and submit them to the archive. Likewise, if you have one story that is over 150kb and it is a part of a series, please include the earlier stories in the series in your submission.
- Also on the subject of fiction series, if you update a series archived here with a new story, you may submit that story to the archive and it will be added to the original, unless it is long enough to stand on its own.
- If your story does not meet the above criteria, it is possible that it will not be included in the archive.