|Occupation:||Doctor's companion, Torchwood (parallel world)|
|Title/Rank:||Bad Wolf, Dame Rose of the Powell Estate|
|Location:||Pete's World (parallel world)|
|Relationships:||The Doctor, Mickey Smith, Captain Jack Harkness|
|Other:||Portrayed by Billie Piper.|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Rose Tyler is the first of the Doctor's companions to appear in the 2005 reboot of Doctor Who. She is the first companion to be the focus of an episode, as 'Rose' follows her rather than the Doctor for much of its length. She is also the first companion to have a family as a significant part of her life, and the first to experience domestic conflict surrounding her travels with the Doctor. Companions since Rose have all followed this model, with some leaving families behind at home while others divide their time between traveling and having a regular life. She is the first companion to canonically consider a romantic relationship with him. For this reason her character is a source of conflict among fans, and she is often a victim of character bashing.
In Series 1 Rose is established as being 19 years old. This makes her the first contemporary Earth teenager to travel with the Doctor since Dodo Chaplet in 1966.
For many new fans, Rose was their first companion and took on a special significance. She appears regularly on the first two seasons of the new Doctor Who series, and has several guest appearances in later seasons.
Rose is commonly shipped with some incarnation of the Doctor, usually Nine, Ten, or Ten II (the meta-crisis Tenth Doctor). She has not canonically met other incarnations, but she's shipped with them as well.
Rose Tyler is canonically in a romantic relationship with the Doctor by the second season of rebooted Doctor Who. It has been established by the BBC and Doctor Who writer's that Rose Tyler remains the only person the Doctor was ever truly in love with. Many fans have come to the conclusion that the Doctor is demisexual.
- Essay explaining that Rose isn't "vain" in 2nd Season
- Essay explaining that Rose was acting characteristically like Rose in Journey’s End
- Doctor Who 50th anniversary: 5 reasons why Rose Tyler is the show's best companion ever
- Doctor Who Theory – Was “The Moment” in Day of the Doctor Actually Bad Wolf?
- The Polar Bears' Golf Club by Doyle -- gen adventure with Ace
- Stardust Girl by riversrunthroughme - She's doing this to him because she loves him - well, some other version of him. The one in the real world - but she's doing this because she loves him. Really. Really, really. He'll understand soon. Just not right now. But he'll understand. Eventually, Rose Tyler will make him understand everything, even this. Words: 9548. Rose/10.5. Dark!fic
- Are you afraid of the big Bad Wolf, Doctor?
- Rose Tyler by Ptolemie
- Bad Wolf by janey-jane
- The Bad Wolf by naturalshocks
Archives and Communities
- rose_lives - Rose Tyler
- billie_love - Billie Piper
- available_very - Rose / Captain Jack Harkness
- better_with_3 - Rose / Jack Harkness / Doctor (any)
- betterwiththree - Rose / Jack Harkness / Doctor (any)
- See Doctor/Rose for pairing communities.