|Fandoms:||Stargate Atlantis, Harry Potter, Due South, The Sentinel, Hancock, Breakfast Club, Pippi Longstocking, and Horatio Hornblower|
|URL:||in medias Res |
Resonant on AO3
podfic of fic by resonant at Audiofic Archive
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Resonant is a fanwriter whose work is well-loved in a variety of fandoms. When she began publishing fanfiction is not known, but her first Sentinel story was posted to 852 Prospect in 2000 and she has been a writer in the due South fandom also since 2000. Her stories are characterized by banter (she's written dialogue-only stories in a couple of different fandoms); her take on her BSOs is often tender and slightly quirky.Resonant has made a blanket statement about further transformation and concrit/reviews of her fanworks:
I give blanket permission for any and all transformations of my work -- translations, podcasts, audiobooks, illustrations, remixes, etc. You don't need to ask my permission beforehand. I would like it if you linked back to the original story, and it would give me a nice warm feeling if you contacted me afterwards to show me where I can see your work. I also give blanket permission for any sort of critique or commentary, private or public, positive or negative. Basically I just like the attention. 
- "Resonant is a giant in the world of Fraser/Kowalski fic, and deservedly so. Her stories are full of delicious descriptions, tangible emotions and hot, hot sex! She has one of the best Kowalski voices in the business! One-off phrases stick in the brain, like He looked down, looked back up with a grin. "Fraser, my friend, one thing you'll learn about me is that I never exaggerate my refractory period." (A Fine and Private Place). Beautiful explorations of character. Whackiness. Angst, always satisfactorily resolved." 
- Broadway Hotel
- The Teeth of the Hydra (Fraser/Kowalski, NC-17, 140K). A compelling history of Ray Kowalski. Also known as the tattoo story.
- It was easy for a guy who'd sneaked in to see "Bullitt" five times in the third grade. You didn't walk like you were going to beat the other guy up. You walked like you'd already beaten him up, and it never crossed your mind that he wouldn't stand back and give you some room when you went by.
- Sixteenth of June (Fraser/Kowalski, NC-17). Fraser watches Ray's seasons. This is a fascinating, breath-stopping first kiss story.
- Lip (Kowalski/Vecchio, PG). Res has only written a couple of Ray/Ray stories and they're all short, but they are all good. This one's another first kiss.
- Transfigurations. 400K post-war Harry/Draco novel. Five years after Voldemort's defeat, Harry returns to England to help re-open Hogwarts.
- Advantage, which plays with the common fannish trope of slavefic
- Girlfriend, in which Rodney has exactly zero trauma being genderswapped; Sheppard is the one to have life-changing revelations.