|Fanfiction Mailing List|
|Date(s):||12 May 1993 - present|
|Moderators/List Maintainers:||Lisa McDavid & Don Fasig|
|Founder(s):||Jean Prior & Laurie Salopek|
|Scope:||initially non-adult, now any|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
FKFIC-L@LISTS.PSU.EDU is a mailing list for posting Forever Knight fan fiction. It was founded 12 May 1993 by Jean Prior and first assistant listowner Laurie Salopek after numerous complaints about the number and size of stories being posted to FORKNI-L@LISTS.PSU.EDU.
Initially, as with the other PSU mailing lists, posts to FKFIC-L were automatically archived on the servers. As the list became very high traffic in the mid-90s, it was eventually agreed to discontinue this feature as a condition of the list continuing to be hosted by PSU. After that date, an independent story archive was needed, and the FTP site was created.
In the heyday of the fandom, the fanfic list was extremely active; but, down the years, the number of stories has dwindled. Today, most stories are crossposts from AO3. However, FKFIC-L continues to be used for posts made in Forever Knight Wars, which are still held sporadically.
Previous listowners/moderators have included Jean Prior, Laurie Salopek, and Imajiru. The current list owners are Lisa McDavid and Don Fasig, who also moderate FORKNI-L@LISTS.PSU.EDU, the fandom's main mailing list.
The rules for posting to FKFIC-L include the following:
- FKFIC-L is only for posting stories. Comments, questions, or discussion should be sent directly to the author.
- Adult stories must be marked "ADULT:" in the header.
- Crossover stories must be marked "XOVER:" in the header.
- Stories with violence, profanity, or sexual depiction beyond PG-13 must have a warning at the top of the story (and at the top of each post of a multi-part story).
- Number each part of a multi-part story.
- FORKNI-L/FKFIC-L Frequently Asked Questions List, Version 4c, 28 October 1994
- Post made by Lisa McDavid to FORKNI-L on 26 May 2014.
- These rules have been adapted from the Frequently Asked Questions List. Version 4c, last revised: October 28, 1994, written by Stephen Fellows. Accessed 11 September 2011.