Are you looking for BASCon, the convention fanzine for BASCon.
|Name:||BASCon, Bay Area Slash Convention|
|Dates:||2000 - 2011|
|Location:||south San Francisco, California, United States|
|Type:||fan-run fan con|
Subpages for BASCon (con):
BASCon_(con) has no subpages to list.
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
BASCon is slash fan-run con in south San Francisco, known particularly for its artshow and vidshow. It was one of two conventions created at the close of Friscon, another slash convention that has operated in the San Francisco Bay Area in the 1990s. While the one convention (Constrict) moved to Las Vegas, Bascon remained in California.
[insert any additional history or info about the concom]
[insert description of programming - panels? vid show? art show?]
As of Fall 2011, the concom has announced that 2011 would be the last BASCon, at least for the present.
Programming, Vid Shows, and Convention Reports
- See Bascon/2001.
- [Need vid and art show info]
- See Bascon/2003.
- See BAScon, the con zine.
- [Very little info available. Need programming and vid show]
- See Bascon/2005.
- [Need programming info]
- See Bascon/2006.
- See Bascon/2007.
- [No info available]
- There was no vid show that year.
- From the 2009 Progress Report:
- "This year we will be experimenting with fluid programming. The bulk of the convention will take place in one large ballroom, with designated areas for panel discussions, video watching, and other activities. There will be a SWAP table, so be sure to bring those fannish items you wish to pass along. Although there will be no official Dealer’s Room, attendees with merchandise are welcome to sell from their rooms. There will be a central notice board to keep attendees informed of activities taking place outside the main room."
- See Bascon/2010.
- [No programming or art show info available]
- See Bascon/2011.
[Need programming and art show info]
- On February 12, 2001, the Bascon mailing list was created and the convention was announced: "As some of you may know, the owners of FriscoN have decided not to do another FriscoN. I was very saddened at this news although I do understand the why of the decision. But I wanted the spirit of FriscoN to continue and found others who felt the same; so we, the con-comm of BAScon [San Fancisco Bay Area slashers] have decided, to celebrate all the varieties of slash in the spirit of Halloween and San Francisco....This will be a kink friendly slash con with a place for all slash fans from the most vanilla to the most out there kind of fan. We want everyone to feel welcome, enjoy each other's company, see the City of San Francisco, and have a slash feast. It is our goal to take the best of FriscoN and carry forward. Please join us. Please forward this to other slash lists you might be on and to dealers you'd like to see at the con. I'm thinking to OZ and Highlander and other fandoms that I might be able to reach. We want to include all slash fans because we love slash and want to see it celebrated in a very special City -- San Francisco."