|Type:||fanwriter, editor, moderator|
|Fandoms:||due South, C6D|
|Communities:||c6d_weekly, ds_snippets, ds_c6d_bigbang, c6d_universe|
|Other:||dS links for crack_van, c6d links for crack_van|
|URL:||My Livejournal, My Dreamwidth, Me at AO3|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
As a writer
akamine_chan started writing fan fiction in September of 2007. Previously, she had lurked in the Firefly, Final Fantasy VIII, and Final Fantasy XII fandoms, with rare, brief visits to the Lost and Harry Potter fandoms.
akamine_chan tends to concentrate on writing shorter stories. She loves the challenge of telling a story or illuminating a particular moment with the fewest number of words.
According to luzula, when akamine chan:
- "[…] writes longer stories, she often makes her experience with the short format work for her, for example by writing short scenes that are structured around the theme of the story. Akamine_chan's stories are often angsty, focusing on loss of some sort: relationships ending, death, the end of the world, although she is by no means limited to angst. She enjoys writing explicit sex and kink." 
Fic exchanges and challenges
akamine_chan has participated in a number of fic exchanges and challenges:
- Regular contributor to ds_snippets's weekly challenges
- Somewhat irregular contributor to rounds_of_kink
due South writing
akamine_chan writes mostly Fraser/Kowalski, with an occasional rare foray into other pairings, like Denny Scarpa/Kowalski. She professes to be madly in love with Ray Kowalski and has the fics to prove it.
- About Touching (F/K)
- C-Three-H-Five-(N-O-Three)-Three (F/K)
- Four-Squared (F/K)
- Untune the Sky (Fraser/Kowalski, NC-17, 23 000 words) This is an apocalypse story, but for all that it's still a life-affirming story. Fraser and Ray have both lost people they love, and they're broken in some ways, but they struggle on together. Available as a podfic by dodificus and podfic_lover.
- Blood and Pine Needles (Fraser/Victoria, R, 640 words) This is a ghost story--or is it? However you choose to interpret it, it's chilling in the best way.
- Hanging (Fraser/Kowalski, R, 250 words) This snippet focuses on just one moment in time, and the possibilities branching off from that moment. The sensory details make the story vivid and immediate.
akamine_chan didn't start writing in the c6d fandom until February 2008. Since then she has dabbled in Aspen Extreme, Battlestar Galactica, Flashpoint, Hard Core Logo, Men With Guns, Canadian actor RPF, Slings & Arrows, Whiskey Echo and Wilby Wonderful, with Hard Core Logo and Battlestar Galactica holding special places in her heart.
- Life In 4/4 Time (Hard Core Logo, Joe/Billy, R, 4000 words) This is a story focusing on Billy's life just before the beginning of the movie. Joe isn't physically present, but he might as well be, because of the way he's there in Billy's head. Also, Billy's answering machine messages are a thing of beauty.
- Revolver - Canadian Actor RPF
- Tied (Fast 'n' Dirty Remix) - Battlestar Galactica
akamine_chan has written a single Torchwood story.
As an editor
As a moderator
- akamine_chan co-moderated ds_snippets with omphale23 from January to August 2009, replacing slidellra.
- akamine_chan co-moderates ds_c6d_bigbang with monroe_nell and sansets.
- akamine_chan co-moderates ds_6degrees with kelliem.
- akamine_chan co-moderates c6d_universe with sionnain and waltzforanight.
- luzula, due South Author Profile: akamine_chan posted on 18 January 2010 (Accessed 23 January 2010)