Winter Wonderland is a het Smallville e-zine. It consists of 12 stories and 22 pieces of photo-manips fan art, along with a video trailer. It was designed to be read online.
From the editor
"After Summer Lovin'
came out in September, everyone wanted to know if the 'zine would become a regular thing. Teri
and I had talked about doing it seasonally, and I admit, I've always found winter to be more romantic than summer personally. Something about snow, and mistletoe, and huddling together for warmth just gets me. I stepped up, and this issue was a solo outing, and my first go at an electronic fanzine (having come up through the trenches of print fanzines). However, since the format of the first volume seemed to work so well, I figured why mess with it? So you'll find the layout and organisation of Winter Wonderland familiar in a comforting way, I hope!
The winter edition of the 'zine is a bit trimmer than the summer, for a variety of reasons. For one thing, the show still airing means that folks were trying to squeeze in fiction between episodes. For another, well—let's just say that the first half of the second season of Smallville has been a lot lighter on both Chloe and Clark as friends, and Chloe and Clark as possibly something more, than the latter half of first season. However, this also means that I've got a lot of Chloe/Clark fans who have been patiently waiting all fall and most of the winter thus far for these stories and the accompanying artwork, and I hope that this second volume lives up to their expectations!"
Summaries are from the website
- The Restorative Properties of Viscum Album by Hope (Chloe's very scientific survey of the citizens of Smallville yields an unquantifiable result from Clark.)
- Snowflakes by Deb C. (Clark picks Chloe's name in a gift exchange.)
- It's A Wonderful Chloe by Chiri (When Chloe Sullivan starts contemplating her life without Smallville, a friend from both the past and future shows her a Smallville without her life.)
- Snowfall by Gemma (A snowball fight between Chloe and Clark results in bigger consequences than anticipated.)
- Match Girl by Tara O'Shea (Chloe could really learn to hate Mother Nature.)
- Resolution by Molly (Clark Kent is not too happy with one of Chloe Sullivan's New Year's Resolutions...)
- Much Ado About Nothing by Misty Flores (Evidence can be a little harder to deny when it comes directly from the horse's mouth.)
- Visions of Sugarplums by Wiccid Sister (Adult. Clark and Chloe are having visions.)
- Reunion by Edie (A decade later, Chloe and Clark find one another again.)
- Something I Don't Already Know by Livia ("You remember that I'm Lois Lane, right? Danger is my middle name.")