Talk:The Vampire Diaries
I think the TV series should have it's own page. Right now there is a lot of canon info about the books and it doesn't really seem to fit with TV canon. --Doro 23:42, 14 May 2010 (UTC)
- The page doesn't need all that canon information. I'm adding the Needs More Fandom template to the page to encourage the non-fandom stuff to be trimmed down; the entire synopsis should probably not take up more than a few short paragraphs.
- As for making book and TV separate pages, looking at the LJ comms and vampire-diaries.net website, it seems that fans of each are mostly sharing the same spaces now? So maybe a split isn't necessary? If the book fandom and TV fandom are distinct then they should probably be separated though. I'm here from the TV series so I'll leave it to those who know more about both sides to decide. -- Kylara 06:18, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
- I also think that the TV series should have its own page - the book canon looks drastically different which means the fanworks for each source will be different, making them different fandoms, and most of the fandom activity now seems to be about the tv show not book. I don't know the books so can't cut down the summaries but I'm willing to start creating/moving content to The Vampire Diaries (TV) if decided. --Tai 11:26, 30 September 2010 (UTC)
- That would be great! :D (But I was in favor of having a separate page for TVD to begin with because the canon is completely different.) --Doro 11:34, 30 September 2010 (UTC)
- I'll start on it. I'm on the same page as you - they seem to be completely different beasts! --Tai 14:52, 30 September 2010 (UTC)