Myka Bering/H.G. Wells
|Pairing:||Myka Bering/Helena "H.G." Wells|
|Alternative name(s):||Bering/Wells, Myka/H.G, Bering & Wells.|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Myka/H.G. is a popular femslash pairing in the Warehouse 13 fandom. Their relationship has semi-canonical status; while it has never been explicitly written into canon, Joanne Kelly (Myka Bering) has stated that she and Jaime Murray decided on their own that their characters were in love.
At one point, speaking at a panel at Comic-Con, Joanne Kelly said of her co-star Jaime Murray, "Jaime is such a good actress and I have so much fun with her. I think it was one of the things that we talked about, how to make the dynamic interesting and different. And so, we fell in love a little bit." 
The pairing of Myka Bering and the canonically bisexual Helena "HG" Wells in Warehouse 13 gained popularity following Jaime Murray's first appearance as Helena in 2010, with stories beginning to appear on Archive of Our Own in the days immediately following her first episode. The pairing gained traction as Helena's further appearances often paired her with Myka, and the friendship they shared became important to both of them. Actresses Joanne Kelly and Jaime Murray increasingly played their scenes together with deliberate romantic undertones, making it clear in interviews that they believed a relationship between the two was plausible. Promos put out by Syfy and tweets from the production team also acknowledged the attraction, making fans hopeful for a canon romance.
However, fans were frustrated by the pair's last on-screen meeting in the Season 4 episode Instinct, which left Helena living with a new boyfriend and his young daughter, having begun a new life as a forensic scientist for the police. The episode's jokey throwaway line suggesting a tryst between Myka and Helena in a police station did little to soften the blow of their parting on those terms.
Similarly, in the series finale the next season, one-line confirmation that Helena had left her boyfriend and started to date a woman wasn't of much comfort to Bering and Wells fans who had hoped for a final meeting between the two, although it did at least confirm that they were still in contact. When Myka began a relationship with her colleague and friend Pete Lattimer in that episode, Bering and Wells fans were disappointed, as were fans who had previously enjoyed the show because of the brother-sister chemistry between Pete and Myka and the refreshing lack of forced romantic tension between them as male/female leads.
Following the final episode, members of the cast appeared at a convention Q&A and improvised a short post-series scene in which Myka left Pete and began a relationship with Helena, which was widely shared and realised in the form of fics and constructed reality Tumblr gifsets.
Although disappointment with the finale left some Bering and Wells fans needing space away from the fandom, as of early 2016 the pairing continues to be by far the most popular Warehouse 13 ship, with new fics and vids appearing regularly.
- Classification Error by harper_m: Myka had told Helena that no good could come out of hanky-panky in the Warehouse. And look, here she was, pregnant and right. ~11,000 words, rated Teen and Up.
- Catalysis by winged_mammal: Myka keeps accidentally having sex with H.G.. She's not okay with this. (Except for the part where she totally is.) ~14,000 words, rated Explicit.
- An American Warehouse Agent in Paris (and London) by trancer: History is set in stone. The past can not be changed. Until, one day, Myka Bering makes a wish.. in the Warehouse. Time Travel ~18,000 words, rated Mature.
- Delivered by a_windsor: “I didn’t sign up for the Warehouse to mess with us like this.” Kidfic. ~50,000 words, rated Teen and Up. NOT COMPLETE.
- Lifeforms by journaliar: It’s all fun and games until your partner gets Benjamin Buttoned. ~11,000 words, rated Teen and Up.
- Bering & Wells - Arms by pikachax2713
Communities & Resources
- Meeting at Gunpoint, a ship manifesto by lysachan (contains recs and spoilers up to season three)
- meetatgunpoint, a livejournal community for the Myka/Helena pairing, modded by bella_farfalla, erinmar13, and val_120
- Bering and Wells at Fandom is in the Details
- The Bering & Wells Manual by absedarian (2013)
- Snarker, Dorothy. 'Warehouse 13' star Joanne Kelly would still love to see a Myka/H.G. relationship After Ellen, 5 December 2011. (Accessed 13 June 2013)
- AfterEllen, Warehouse 13 Star Confirms The Show's Lesbian Subtext And Then Some. Posted July 25, 2011. Last accessed Nov 3, 2011.