|Country of Origin:||Sweden|
The official Minecraft wiki
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
In Minecraft, the player navigates a randomly-generated world collecting materials and blocks that they use to create structures, usually starting with a shelter to protect them from the monsters that spawn at night. The player can also use a safe Creative Mode to build massive, sprawling superstructures limited only by their creativity, anything from a palace to a functioning computer.
Later updates have added enormous variety to the game. Players can now breed animals, brew potions and enchant items with helpful stat bonuses. They can also travel to alternate dimensions called The Nether and The End, to fight different monsters and collect different resources.
Minecraft is so open-ended that it can be played almost indefinitely. Let's Players such as Achievement Hunter have made dozens or hundreds of unique videos by designing their own games and contests within the game. For some speedrunners killing the Enderdragon, which causes the game to display a credit roll, is considered "finishing" Minecraft.
Minecraft is easy to modify and several mods have been made, some of the most popular being Bukkit, WorldEdit and TooManyItems.
A large amount of fanfiction has been written about Minecraft from humor to horror.
- Minecraft fics on FanFiction.net
- Minecraft fanworks on AO3
- Herobrine, a Minecraft creepypasta.
- Minecraft or King AUs are a significant subsection of Achievement Hunter fanfiction, based on their Minecraft Let's Plays.
- Minecraft LPs by Yogscast.
- Minecraft LPs by Achievement Hunter.
- The Minecraft Life by Brogaming on GameKids.
- Minecraft - Lovely World by Stampylonghead.
Several fans have made music based off Minecraft.