Fandom's Ten Commandments
|Title:||Fandom's Ten Commandments|
|Click here for articles related to this fanwork on Fanlore.|
In 1996, the Media Cannibals composed a list of 10 commandments for fandom at one of their monthly slashbashes. When Sandy Herrold reposted it in 2008, her main comment was "Yeah, times have changed."
- Honor the Holy Source Material.
- Your Fandom's OK; My Fandom's OK. (but, see commandment #3) |
- Worship not false gods: Wrestlers, Ice Skaters, Dolls...
- Honor thy Convention Dates, and keep the Con Calendar holy.
- Honor thy Fannish Mentor, even if she be a Doyley, and you turn out to be a Bodie fan.
- Thou shall not commit Character Murder, nor Character Rape; nor shall Blond touch Blond, nor Curly touch Curly...
- Thou shall not abandon thy friends for a new Fandom (though proselytizing your new pairing to your old friends is fine in the sight of Fandom).
- Thou shall not steal (unless it is a really good story idea).
- Thou shall not bear false witness against another fan (unless it makes a really good story).
- Thou shall not covet another fans first-run episodes, nor her music videos, nor her Suzie Lovett originals, nor her tales of meeting fannish actors at long-ago conventions, nor her amazingly muscled husband which she uses as the model for her Bodie drawings..."
- another blast from the past, Dreamwidth entry Oct 8 2008.