Help:Requests for bot status
This page is intended to store requests bot status for any account that is going to be used to automatically edit/add pages to the wiki. Getting bot status will keep the edits/additions made by the bot from appearing in the Recent Changes file, thereby keeping them from spamming away all the rest of the changes. An administrator can do this by adding the user account your bot will use to the "bot" group, using Special:UserRights.
Making a request
- Place the following code at the bottom of the "Bot status requests" section below:
====Bot username==== status = <!--don't change this line--> creator = discussion= posted =
Fill in the values:
- 'Bot username': the username of the account you've created for the bot (like "ExampleBot")
- 'creator': your own personal username on Fanlore
- 'discussion': a link to a page for discussion about the bot (for example, "[[User_talk:ExampleBot]]").
- 'posted': the date the request was posted (day monthname year, eg, 8 November 2008)
Bot status requests
Please add new requests at the bottom of this section.
status = creator = astolat discussion= User_talk:FanloreBot posted = 8 November 2008
Removal of bot status
If a specific user is abusing his/her bot status, you may request removal of the status on his account here. Please be sure to provide a short explanation on the current situation, along with links to the bot's contribution.