- Articles have been merged! We may also want to pilfer the Slashwink section from Homoerotic Subtext and TPTB.--æþel (talk) 01:17, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
Page Needs Work
This page has some really good stuff on it, but it also suffers from some serious PPOV and formatting issues, especially in the intro. Queer baiting is definitely a term subject to debate and fan argument about what "counts", so plenty of what's written can/should be kept (if reformatted for clarity and readability), but many things written currently as authoritative facts need to be clarified as certain fan opinions. (If nothing else, the amount of times SJW is linked to mean "person who wants canon queer representation", with no caveat, is incredibly alarming to me.) --Punkpixieprince (talk) 15:15, 2 April 2019 (UTC)
- I made a few small changes but don't have much time and lowkey I'm not even sure where to start. I separated out the notes from the references in hopes that that will help us see where those can be cut down/added to the actual article/whatever.
- We're not quite at this point yet but I think that A) we might end up needing to move the queerbating meta to its own page and B) Supernatural and Queerbaiting might end up needing to be its own page.
- Also this is definitely not on the top of the list of things that need to be fixed/considered, but it kind of feels like this page should be "queerbaiting", because I think that's used more often? Wikipedia uses "queerbaiting" and most of the usages on the first page of google results for me have it as one word. Although, maybe this will become clearer as we collect meta/news articles on the subject. - Hoopla (talk) 16:30, 2 April 2019 (UTC)
- I'm in the middle of researching the term for something unrelated. It looks like it was written as 'queer-baiting' and 'queer baiting' pretty commonly circa 2013 as it was first getting really popular. 'Queerbaiting' has 'definitely' won out as the more popular option by now. Franzeska (talk) 09:38, 6 September 2019 (UTC)