|Date(s):||08 September 2001 - 03 October 2003|
|Archivist:||The Queens of H/G, others|
|Founder:||Firebolt909, Imogen, Chryslin & Ashwinder|
|Type:||Harry/Ginny fanworks and discussion|
|URL:||GryffindorTower.net via the Wayback Machine|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Queens of H/G
The "Queens of H/G" (QoHG) was a self-coined term for the group of GT administrators. The original "Queens" were Imogen, Firebolt909 (Paula), Chryslin (Sue), and Ashwinder (Anne), the founders of the archive. An early version of the archive FAQ stated:
- "The Queens of H/G, also referred to as the QoHG, are four like-minded individuals who happened across each other in the great kingdom of fanfiction. [...] They began to call themselves 'Queens' as a harmless joke and no offense is meant to any actual Queens, Kings, or other monarchs and members of the nobility. We are but simple folk who enjoy frivolous things such as writing, reading, and discussing the Harry Potter series."
The site grew out of the queensofhandg Yahoo! Group, started by Imogen and Firebolt909 in July 2001. Chryslin and Ashwinder soon joined the group, and the four founded the Gryffindor Tower archive. The archived opened on September 8, 2001.
At 11:30pm on the 19th September 2003, the death knell sounded for Gryffindortower.net. The exact details are messy, convoluted and largely irrelevant in the light of the greater picture but, needless to say, sides were taken, battle lines were drawn, and friendships were destroyed. The battleground was SQL and PHP, the weapons were passwords, tech support and administrative privileges, and the combatants were people who should never have had to go to war with each other. Sadly, the casualty was Gryffindor Tower.
- Gryffindor Tower FAQ, archived 02 December 2001 by the Wayback Machine. (Accessed 01 April 2012.)
- Gryffindor Tower FAQ, archived 12 August 2003 by the Wayback Machine: "The two original queens are Firebolt909 and Imogen, who decided to start a mailing list. As a result of this list Chryslin and Ashwinder joined the group and we decided to start a website together. That site became Gryffindor Tower. Others (Marian, Carissa, Amy and Caitlyn), became friends with the original queens, passed a rigorous and highly secret initiation, and became queens themselves."
- Magoo, et al. SQ, a history. Archived 05 July 2004 the Wayback Machine. (Accessed 03 April 2012.)
- Charlotte Lennox. The Msscribe Story, Preface and Chapter One. 15 June 2006. (Accessed 06 April 2012.)
- gryffindortower at LiveJournal. Official Statement. 20 September 2003. (Accessed 03 April 2012 via the Wayback Machine.)
- fandom_wank on Journalfen. Harry Potter "Pre-Wank". 20 September 2003. (Accessed 03 April 2012.)
- Gryffindor Tower. Main Page. Archived 08 October 2003 by the Wayback Machine. (Accessed 01 April 2012.)
- queensofhandg (defunct)