Fanlore talk:Fanlore Committee
Hi, are there any plans to upgrade the wiki?
The reason I realized we're behind the latest release is because MediaWiki's page Help:Images#Rendering_a_gallery_of_images shows that there's an option for slideshow galleries starting in version 1.28. Slideshow galleries would be super helpful on pages like:
- Self-Insertion where there should really be more example artwork but adding more would mean either seriously inteerrupting the flow of the article or moving the gallery to the bottom of the page
- Proposed_Zines/A and the rest of the subpages where there are lots of images that could be displayed bigger but in a gallery so they'd be readible without having to navigate away from the subpage.
- Connie Faddis and other fanartist pages, probably.
3.31 integrated these extensions into the wiki:
- CategoryTree provides a form to let administrators do string replacements on the entire wiki, for both page contents and page titles.
- MultimediaViewer provides a lightbox viewer for images and galleries.
- OATHAuth provides two-factor authentication for wiki accounts.
- Replace Text provides a form to let administrators do string replacements on the entire wiki, for both page contents and page titles.
- Hi, Hoopla. Thanks for flagging this up! Yes, we plan to upgrade the wiki as soon as possible. Our lone tech staffer is too underwater to take that on at the moment, but our plan is to recruit for a new MediaWiki-focused tech volunteer at the start of the year so that we can carry out the upgrade. --PriscillaD (talk) 20:02, 25 October 2018 (UTC)