(Redirected from Anklebiters)
|See also:||The Hobbit (book), The Lord of the Rings-era Hobbit fandom, The Hobbit (film series), The Lord of the Rings|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Vampire hobbits sometimes appear in other fandoms with canon hobbits or halflings too, but the term anklebiters seems to be exclusive to the Tolkien fandom.
- The Care and Feeding of Young Hobbits, Archived version by James (aka James Walkswithwind) (April 2002) 
Am I writing Vampire!Hobbits? Yes, I do believe I am. This little overnight fandom is quite addictive. I don't even remember where I stumbled upon the link that led me to 'Anklebiters,' (http://www10.brinkster.com/anklebiters/ [Dead link] for those of you who don't know...) but vampy hobbits are like blood-sucking nicotine-- they latch on and you can't shake them off, not even with quantative doses of Nicorette. Pippin's love for squirrels comes from "The Care and Feeding of Young Hobbits" by James Walkswithwind. Evidently this whole mini-fandom is Olwen's fault. Blame her or her hubby, who made the comment about how hobbits should be on 'Angel.'
Archives & Resources
- Anklebiters: The Dark Side of the Shire, fanfiction and links (offline, archive link)
- Anklebiters fics at rosiesamfrodo.com (offline, archive link) 
- Vampire!Hobbits at AO3
- Vampire!Hobbits at FF.net
- For legal reasons, hobbits are usually referred to as halflings in the role-playing game Dungeons and Dragons
- I contacted the author via pm on tumblr about the date and James replied the file says 'April, 2002' (December 5, 2020)
- In 2017, James archived the story on the AO3: The Care and Feeding of Young Hobbits, Archived version
- Anklebiters: The Dark Side of the Shire (offline, archive link)
- Contains fic links from Anklebiters: The Dark Side of the Shire