|Date(s):||1 June 2005-last updated 17 March 2014?|
|Fandom:||My Chemical Romance|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
yeahchemical aka Demolition Lovers (a reference to the last song on the album I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love) was an early (but not the first) My Chemical Romance fanfiction community on LiveJournal. The account was created on 1 June 2005, shortly before the start of The Summer of Like. As of October 2016, the community has 1,283 posts; 14,959 comments; and 86 members. The comm was friendslocked and adults-only.
According to the community profile, the comm was intended for posting slash and gen, including incestfic. Picspams, recs, possibly file sharing, and other posts of interest to the community were also allowed. Tinhatting was explicitly prohibited.
There was a membership cap of 100, and mods sometimes booted inactive users to make room for others.
damnyouwentz was modeled on this comm, and a few fics later reposted to AO3 mention the community. damnyouwentz's mod addictedkitten credited iphignia939 as the first "good" bandslash writer. iphignia939 reposted some of her yeahchemical fics to her own journal; otherwise, yeahchemical is more or less a black box and it is unclear what influence the fic posted there had on later MCR fandom.
- (Admin) Elimination of Non-Participatory Members, Archived version, posted by xoverau 2006-07-20.
- See the comments in xoverau's untitled livejournal post, archived, 30 May 2005. From emmuzka: "Just tried to go through the first page of mychemicalslash, and that was just sad.... The cute! The trashy! The ambiguously gay! There will be potential in this fandom!" From xoverau: "Dude, we're all saying so. Loudly. With fanfare. Now there just needs to be more decent writing."
- "Calling all MCR fic lovers who want to see some improvement in its general quality" Comm Pimp! livejournal post by xoverau, 2 June 2005. archived.
- "See, we really did sort of build this fandom from the ground up- pretty much Gale was the only one writing good things, so we were all sort of sucked in by the canon itself, and our own need to write it out." mod post, pay fucking attention: damnyouwentz, Archived version, comment by addictedkitten, 15 June 2006.
- iphignia939's bandslash tag goes back to January 2006.
- Posted 2006-05-22: "This was written a couple months ago for yeahchemical’s Secret Kinks challenge." fic: gangland (MCR, 1/1): iphignia939, Archived version