|See also:||My Thoughts on Yaoi|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The longer one is in fandom, the shorter one's response to this question becomes, often shrinking from vast multipost entries to "Because two men = hot".
The persistence of the "why slash?" debate, while no equivalent existential soulsearching exists for "why het?" (rather than specific ship manifestos for favorite pairings), reflects the idea that being a slasher is a question of identity and self-definition for some slash readers, rather than just a reading and/or pairing preference in a fandom.
Example Meta Essays
- Why I Write Slash by Kass (1999)
- Goes to Motive by Betty Plotnick (2002)
- The Fanfic Symposium: "Why do I Like Slash? Plain Answers from a Het Woman by Dark Twin. (2004)
- Girls who are boys who like boys to be girls: "My Thoughts on
YaoiSlash" by FayJay (2010)
- sex, and slash sex scenes by Shoshanna. Essay on the writer's initial discovery of and views on slash as the (sole) genre that integrates people's lives in the bedroom with their lives outside it. (April 2011)
- Category:Perspectives on Fans
- Writing ‘Slash’ Fan Fiction: Power, Desire and Eye-Candy in a Never Ending Romance