The Colour Of Cartoon Sunshine
|Title:||The Colour Of Cartoon Sunshine|
|Date(s):||07 September 2010|
|Genre:||slash fanfiction, RPS|
|External Links:||The Colour Of Cartoon Sunshine (LiveJournal)|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Summary: As filming for the second series draws to a close, Colin thinks his biggest problem is evading one of Bradley’s goodbye hugs. It isn’t. It’s that he’s about to do something that’s fourteen different kinds of stupid: fall in love.
Recs and Reviews
- "I always hesitate to rec an RPS story as being perfectly IC, because I have no idea what Colin and Bradley's real characters are, but in this story these two come across so clearly as real people, if that makes any sense. Just lovely and romantic and silly and a gorgeous story all around."
- "In which Colin is enjoying his Merlin gig well enough even though he has to avoid Bradley's hugs, Angel's attempt at setting him up, and bollocksing up what might just turn out to be actual love, just to spite him, with a Bradley who is not so much suddenly gay after a half-drunk tumble on the couch as just really persistent in not letting Colin run away from anymore."
- "The thing about Colin and Bradley is they’re so similar, but at the same time so very different. Colin gets antsy if people enter his personal space, and Bradley spends all his free time giving hugs. Colin steals Bradley’s shirts and Bradley steals Colin’s music. So when they start seeing each other in a different light, it’s kind of a shock, but kind of not at the same time. Which is a shock itself. These boys are so sweet you might get a cavity. But they each have their own neuroses, which are even more endearing. I love how prickly Colin is and how moody Bradley is and how they take a lot of work to make a good whole. The party scene, especially is great. There is a good chance you’ll want to bap Colin in the head at some point in this, though."
- "Brilliantly funny and... touching at the most unexpected moments. [...] And then there's this one line that Colin quietly says while they're cuddled close on the couch because Colin is freezing, and Bradley squawks at how many layers of clothing Colin's wearing [...] it's times like THOSE when my breath catches so hard that I have to actually look away from the screen for a minute and find my heartbeat again. You don't want to miss this one, either. Believe me, you really don't."
- lamardeuse. A couple of more big bang recs, 08 September 2010. (Accessed 10 January 2011)
- debris_k. Recs: 2x Sherlock, 4x Merlin Big Bang, and 3x Merlin RPS Big Bang, 09 September 2010. (Accessed 10 January 2011)
- cheetahanabel in epic_recs. The Color Of Cartoon Sunshine by junkshop_disco (NC-17), 29 September 2010. (Accessed 10 January 2010)
- lillaw. OMFG ONLY THREE MORE SLEEPS TIL MERLINNNNNN!!!! And ALSO ONLY 16 MORE SLEEPS TIL SMALLVILLE!!, 08 September 2010. (Accessed 10 January 2011)