|Creator:||Jason Rothenberg (TV series)|
Kass Morgan (Author)
|Date(s):||September 3, 2013 - present (book series)|
March 19, 2014 – present (TV series)
|Medium:||live-action television series|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|External Links:||Wikipedia official website IMDB|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
- Are you looking for something else? See 100 for disambiguation.
The 100 is set 97 years after a devastating nuclear war wiped out almost all life on Earth. The supposedly only known survivors are the residents of "The Ark", twelve space stations in Earth's orbit that had banded together after the war. After the Ark's life-support systems are found to be failing, the 100 juvenile prisoners are declared to be "expendable" and are then sent down to Earth to determine if it's indeed habitable again. They land down on Earth and learn that they are able to breathe. They form a community under the leadership of Bellamy Blake, who had stolen away in order to be with his sister, Octavia. Although eventually Bellamy and Clarke Griffin become co-leaders of the community, there is a lot of friction between them initially, which many fans see as the basis for a relationship between the two.
The kids quickly discover that they aren't the only survivors, forcing them to grow up fast. They struggle to survive on this new land with the other Earth survivors: "Grounders", "Reapers", and "Mountain Men".
- Clarke Griffin
- Octavia Blake
- Finn Collins
- Bellamy Blake
- Monty Green
- Jasper Jordan
- Raven Reyes
- Councilwoman Dr. Abigail Griffin
- Councilman Marcus Kane
- Chancellor Thelonius Jaha
- Kyle Wick
Due to Season 2's low ratings and fear of the show might be cancelled, many fans started promoting the show on Tumblr to entice any possible new fans to start watching, especially to the Arrow fandom due to the show being on the same night as The 100. Various fanworks were created to entice any possible new fans. It ended up working because the series was renewed for a third season. Moreover, the show's introduction of Commander Lexa, and the subsequent chemistry between her and Clarke Griffin, drew many femslash fans to the show.
The fandom has been paying a lot of attention to the racial politics of The 100. Although many well-meaning fans have mentioned the fact that most main characters are poc as a reason to watch the show, the fandom as a whole has begun to talk about the incredibly rascist elements in the show. One meta, for example, focuses on The 100’s construction of race, pointing out that in not dealing with race at all, the show fails due to the disconnect between the non-racist world of the story and the very racist world that show is produced in. Another meta focuses on the anti-blackness particularly displayed in the show.
Bellamy Blake/Clarke Griffin is the popular het pairing. Other common het pairings include: Octavia Blake/Lincoln, Abby Griffin/Marcus Kane, Finn Collins/Raven Reyes, Finn Collins/Clarke Griffin, Jasper Jordan/Octavia Blake. One of the more rarer ships is Bellamy Blake/Octavia Blake (brother/sister incest).
Femslash pairings were fairly rare in season 1; one of the more popular ships was Raven Reyes/Clarke Griffin, and another one of note was Anya/Clarke. Since the introduction of the canonically queer Commander Lexa, and Clarke Griffin's confirmed bisexuality, however, the fandom's interest in femslash pairings, especially between Clarke/Lexa increased dramatically.
Slash pairings are also fairly rare in the fandom; two of the original more popular slash ships were Monty Green/Jasper Jordan and Bellamy Blake/Finn Collins. Monty/Jasper remains popular, but the pairing of Monty Green/Nathan Miller gained a significant ground, quickly surpassing Bellamy/Finn. Bellamy Blake/John Murphy also surpassed Bellamy/Finn.
Common Tropes and Fanon
- Episode Tags
- Alternate Universes
- The 100 is a story about...
- May We Meet Again by meabhdeloughry (Octavia, Clarke & Raven)
- The 100 gallery by samanthadoodles (various characters & Clexa pairing)
- Marcus Kane by tlaguz
- Emori by samanthalagace
- Lincoln bnw study by tlaguz
- what would clarke do? by ohlazarus
- this is war
- Ready. Aim. Fire. (1x13)
- Ready, Aim, Fire (1x13)
- Fire, Fire
- My Hurricane
- Ready or not (2x2)
- Everybody wants to rule the world
- and I wanna fight.
- empire of our own
- run boy run
- our tired souls
- and you sing
- Ready or not
- What Is The 100?
- come little children
Girls of The 100-focused vids:
Character focused vids:
- See also individual character pages for more.
Relationship focused vids:
- See also individual relationship pages for more.
- Bleeding out (Jasper/Monty)
- "It`s over, Finn" (Raven/Finn)
- closer (Octavia/Monty)
- the one to hold my heart (Octavia/Jasper)
- "I'm just trying to help." (Bellamy/Murphy)
Archives & Fannish Links
- The 100 tag
- The Hundred Ladies - dedicated to all the female characters
- monty-the-100 - Monty Green
- FuckYeahFinnCollins - Finn Collins
- the-100-femslash (all Femslash ships)
- FuckYeahLinctavias (Octavia/Lincoln)
- Clarke n Murphy (Clarke/Murphy)
- isobel-stevens explains the popular pairings of the fandom. Posted November 8, 2014. (Accessed November 14, 2014).
- leepacey explains the characters/show (Accessed November 24, 2014).
- graffitisouls explains why she thinks the show is the best (Accessed November 26, 2014).
-  Posted Feburary 26, 2015. (Accessed March 9 2015).
-  Posted May 20, 2015. (Accessed November 2, 2015).
-  Posted March 3, 2015. (Accessed March 9 2015)
-  Posted March 4, 2015. (Accessed on March 9 2015)
-  Posted March 3 2015. (Accessed March 9 2015).
- Tumblr 2015 Year in Review: Most Reblogged Ships.