Stardust (Stargate SG-1/NCIS story)
|Fandom:||Stargate SG-1, NCIS|
|External Links:||Stardust (author's site)|
Stardust (NCIS Fanfiction Archive)
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Stardust is a NCIS/Stargate SG-1 crossover by Kikkimax. The story is rated by the author as very mild slash with Daniel/Tony UST.
Summary: A man with no memory holds the key to three bizarre deaths.
Recs and Reviews
- "NCIS finds a Daniel who has lost his memory (he seems to be doing that a lot). Long and very nice NCIS/SG crossover, with a bit of Daniel/Tony thrown in for good measure and lots of plot. And there's Tony/Gibbs and J/D UST, of course, because when is there ever not?
- "If you like crossovers, UST, conspiracies, amnesia!fic, Tony Dinozzo, car chases, and novella-length fanfics, then I guarantee you'll enjoy "Stardust". I've never watched NCIS but the characters are nicely drawn here. The plot is slowly teased out and, as a big fan of well-done crossovers, I really appreciate that nobody rushes to explain all the big classified secrets."
- "At first glance, it can be surprising how much carryover there is from Stargate fandom into NCIS, until you realize there are a lot of common throughlines between the two, especially with the characters, and Kikkimax exploits those throughlines beautifully. The focus of the story is a bond that springs up between Daniel (who's lost his memory again) and Tony DiNozzo [resident womanizer, undercover expert and sortof-protege to the team's gruff ex-Marine leader, Gibbs], with Daniel's amnesia making him something of a mirror to the other characters--especially Tony--giving all of them a chance to see themselves and their desires a little more clearly. I don't slash Jack/Daniel (although I do with Tony/Gibbs) but in this story the hints of it were so well explained and fit so naturally into the context of other events that I didn't mind it one bit. More importantly, after reading it I had a better understanding of *why* so many of us are drawn to both shows. Very much worth a read!"
- "Gibbs and his team are called in for an unusual murder case, and the only witness is the man the dead men had handcuffed to a chair at the time, surrounded by implements of torture. The only problem? An unfortunate case of amnesia: he can't remember a thing. The team take him into protective custody as a material witness, while they try to help "John" (Doe) jog his memory. The problem is, the only flashes of memory he *does* have include watching a large, deadly firefight which includes a pyramid shaped "Spaceship." I'd never seen NCIS when I read this fic, and had absolutely no idea who they were. By the time the fic was over (and it's a fairly long fic), I really wanted to know more about those guys. That's when I started watching NCIS. Yes, you have Kikkimax to blame for my current obsession with NCIS. It's all her fault, okay? Both casts are well drawn, perfectly believable and enjoyable characters, even if you don't get to see near as much of SG-1 as you do NCIS. Well, except for Daniel. The plot is good and solid, the descriptions fascinating, and I can see why both the Stargate Fan Awards and the NCIS FanFic Awards voted this fic top Crossover."
- 2005 Stargate SG-1 Awards. (Accessed 24 April 2011)
- oceanas_recs. Crossover Rec "Stardust" by Kikki (NCIS/SG), 29 May 2005. (Accessed 24 April 2011)
- scrollgirl in stargateficrec. "Stardust" by Roxie (PG-13), 29 January 2005. (Accessed 24 April 2011)
- azarsuerte in stargateficrec. "Stardust" by Kikkimax (PG-13), 01 August 2005. (Accessed 24 April 2011)
- dustyrydersrecs. NCIS/Stargate SG-1 Crossover, 28 October 2005. (Accessed 24 April 2011)