|Date(s):||2002-present (list); 2002-2006 (archive; last update)|
|URL:||http://silverlake.imjustsayin.net/index.html (dead link); http://silverlake.dymphna.net/|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Silverlake archive contains 4085 stories in 429 fandoms by 363 authors. Common fandoms include actor RPF, Alias, Battlestar Galactica, Buffyverse, due South, Firefly, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Smallville, The West Wing, The X-Files, X-Men Movieverse and crossovers, and the archive also has a huge range of rare fandoms.
The archive describes itself:
- Welcome to Silverlake, the multi-fandom fanfiction archive for the multi-fandom meta-light list silverlake-f. ...
- We like to believe that this list, named after that little bit of Los Angeles in between Hollywood and Downtown, is a place where people can show off their work freely, no matter what it is.
- All stories on here are fan-written fiction. We have media fanfiction, literary fanfiction, real person fanfiction, historical fanfiction, all variations of fanfiction. This includes slash (homosexual/homoromantic/homoerotic), het (heterosexual/heteroromantic/hetereoerotic), and gen (no sex, no romance) in all ratings.
- For the sake of ease, however, in this world, we're just talkin' stories. Big beautiful pieces of text about all sorts of things.
- Fictional people, tv shows, movies, books, real people, original work, comics, bands, anime, actors, politicians, cartoons, businesspeople, concept album characters, action figures, radio programs, whatever. If you're a fan, and you're writing stories about it, you're writing fanfiction. And it can be posted here.
The list promoted a particularly wide range of fandoms by requiring authors posting in a new fandom to provide a link to a fansite or information site about the fandom. It held Feedback Fridays, when readers were encouraged to respond to works posted during the previous week in collected feedback posts. The feedback ethic was We tend to be ultra-mellow with these as well -- high on the praise, low on the criticism.