|Name:||The Severitus Challenge|
|URL:||The Challenge, Severitus' Fanfiction.net Profile, Wayback Machine Version of Challenge Page|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
First issued no later than 2002, the Severitus Challenge, also referred to as Severitus' challenge (the term was later bastardized as Severitus fics) was a challenge issued by Severitus. Originally, the challenge included seven requirements, notably that Severus Snape was revealed as Harry Potter's father, Remus Lupin must be back at Hogwarts, Harry must undergo "some progressive physical change starting on his birthday", and the fic must include reference to the challenge .
This challenge was received exceptionally well, and gained incredible popularity over the years, so much that its original terms and originator are sometimes forgotten. At present, a Severitus fic refers to any story in which Severus Snape is Harry Potter's father, and is considered its own genre.
The page that hosted the original challenge has since been deleted, apparently due to the domain having expired.
1. Severus Snape must be revealed to be Harry's father (no..not James, though that would be interesting......MWAHAHA!!!)
2. Remus Lupin must have returned to Hogwarts for some reason or another (unless it's a 3rd year AU, in which case he's already there.heh)
3. Harry must undergo some progressive physical change starting on his birthday. No *tada!* and suddenly he looks like Snape, at first anyway.
4. The story must be based mostly around Harry and Snape
5. (optional) if you want, feel free to take one of the conversations I've got posted here. Change 'em however you want, they're mere clutter on my harddrive right now, and I hereby bequeath them to you.
6. Make note somewhere that it's in response to this challenge, so all the other nice people can give it a shot too, if they want, or be able to find the other challenge responses.
7. PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I WANNA READ 'EM! Feel free to either email me or let me know in a review.
- http://www.severitus.net/thechallenge.htm The Original Challenge
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090415023741/http://www.severitus.net/thechallenge.htm Wayback Machine Version of Challenge Page