|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Sanity Maintenance is a gen Miami Vice anthology.
Sanity Maintenance 1 was published in 1986 and contains 9 stories and 91 pages.
- Echoes by Lucy C. (1-8)
- No Guarantee by D.O.A. (9-12)
- Doghouse by Susanne M. (13-28)
- To Each His Own by D.O.A. (29-31)
- First Step by Regenia M. (34-37)
- Dogs & Mad Englishmen by Susanne M. (38-51)
- Someone to Lay Down Beside You by Kathy Resch (60-66)
- Nature of the Business by L.A. Adolf (67-68)
- Side of Angels by Susan H. (70-90)
- The Politics of Contraband by Sherry Magee (1-66)
- The Truce by Brenda Cunningham (67-68)
- Miami Soul (poem) by Sarah Macht-Dewitt (6)
- Thoughts at a Funeral (pem) by Elaine Batterby (69)
- Eye of the Zombie by Karen Howard, art by Julie Madge (71-114)
- Something Like Love (poem) by Dani Lane (114)
- High Flyin' by L.A. Carr, art by Dani Lane (115-124)
- Vice Guy's Art by Maureen B. (125-128)
- Vicious Circle by Susan Hall, art by Dani Lane (129-165)
- Living Under the Influence by Roxanne Verellen, art by Dani Lane (166-228)
- Aftershocks by Roxanne Verellen (229-242)
- Along Came a Dangerous Man (poem) by Mary Platt (243-245)
- The Edge (poem) by Sue-Anne Hartwick (246)
- The Sins of the Fathers by Mary Platt (247-302
- Requiem (poem) by Sue-Anne Harwick (302)
- "It's evident from the cover (a gorgeous pen-and-ink drawing of Sonny and Rico by Suzy Sansom) that this second issue is truly a class act. But the best part is that the contents equal -- and in some cases, surpass-- the lovely packaging. There's something for every Vice fan, including sequels to the televised episodes 'Bushido' (the gripping, suspenseful 'Politics of Contraband'), 'Evan,' 'Vicious Circle' -- a story which truly lives up to its title, and 'Sons and Lovers,' and 'Sins of the Father.' A word of warning on this last one -- do not read the last page first! But don't be mislead by my singling out these stories -- every piece of fiction as well as poetry in this zine is a gem. I especially liked the poem, 'Along Came a Dangerous Man,' in which a long-time Harrison Ford fan confesses her newly-developed lust for Don Johnson, as well as a short poem entitled 'The Edge' which connects to my favorite third-season episode, 'Shadow in the Dark.' Expect to see this zine up for a Fan Q next year, it's that good. You get 307 pages of the best detective-police fiction on the fan market." 
Sanity Maintenance 3 was published in 1988 and contains 361 pages. The front cover is by Suzy Sansom and the back by Mary Platt. Other art by Julie Madge.
- Safe Haven by Mary Platt (3-7)
- The Goat Without Horns by Lisa Millraney and Adriane Lewis (8-38)
- Brothers in Arms by Sherry Magee (39_107)
- Loose Ends by Brenda Cunningham (108-115)
- Living Under the Influence (China Girl) by Roxanne Verellen (116-187)
- It's Not Over 'Til It's Over by Roxanne Verellen (188-189)
- 1 + 1 by L.A. Carr (190-192)
- Soldier of Misfortune by Susan Hall (193-219)
- Tangled Webb by Karen Howard (220-252)
- Such a Long Time by Mary Platt (353-361)
Sanity Maintenance 4 was published in 1990 and contains 347 pages. It won a 1991 FanQ.
- A Tale of Light - Donna Z.
- Eye of the Storm - L.A. C.
- Miami Twice - Mary P.
- Tequila Sunrise - Sharon G. & Mary S.
- Hell is for Children - Roxanne Verellen
- Crystal Clear - Adriane L. & Lisa M.
- Les Dames du Temps Jadis - Kate Santovani
- Foreign Exchange - Susan H.
- Sacrificial Lamb - Julie M. & Diana S.
- from Datazine #47