|Music:||"Peacekeeper" by Fleetwood Mac|
|URL:||vid announcement & streaming Youtube version|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Peacekeeper is a Buffy fanvid by sisabet. The vid premiered at Vividcon 2003. It was reviewed by heresluck on October 29, 2009 at the vid commentary LJ community. The vidder also offered extended vid commentary.
- Peacekeeper take your time
- Wait for the dark of night
- Soon all the suns will rise
- Peacekeeper don't tell why
- Don't be afraid to fight
- Love is a sweet surprise... ~ lyrics
- "Two pieces of context I think are important: 1) sisabet made this vid right after "Chosen" aired, and so those of us who watched it when it was first released were watching it less than two weeks after the ending of our beloved show. 2) Although Buffy is the center of the show, and the show has been vidded thousands of times, there have been surprisingly few vids focusing on Buffy herself (as opposed to Buffy in a relationship), and this was particularly (and surprisingly, given the focus on the potentials in S7) true at the time when sisabet made the vid. And so to have a vid focused on Buffy and the Slayer legacy and what it means to be a Slayer... It's hard to explain just how meaningful that was, but wow, it really was. Compared to many of the vids sisabet has made since, this is quite a simple vid. It's also, in my opinion, one of the most powerful and satisfying Buffy vids ever made." ~ heresluck's feedback] at the vid commentary review.
- "This is one of my favourite Buffy vids, full stop. Seeing it listed in the index was one of the things that tipped me over into buying the dvds in the first place. I can't count the number of times I've watched this since I dl'ed it back in the spring. It gave me goosebumps and had tears in my eyes (of the 'ohmygod this is good variety) when I first watched it, and it still gives me goosebumps. The perfect song for a Buffy vid and every clip works so well to tell the story -- and would whether you were familiar with Buffy canon or not. I can't pick a favourite clip or anything in it because the whole vid is a favourite clip. This is one of the vids I watch over and over analysing it in the hopes that I'll learn things that will make me a better vidder myself." ~ wolfling's feedback ah her LJ.