|Name:||keepin' it in the family...|
|Date(s):||31 August 2004-14 September 2014 (Last post)|
|Moderator:||nz_bonjovi_gal, _silverjets, x_stoked_x?|
|Type:||incest slash fanfic|
|Fandom:||My Chemical Romance|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
geeheartmikey is a LiveJournal community dedicated to the incest ship Gerard/Mikey that was created in 2004. As of 2016 the community had 1,636 posts; 11,104 comments; and 1462 members. Posting slowed down in 2008-2009 and petered out around 2011.
At least two other Gerard/Mikey LJ comms were created, but geeheartmikey is the first. It may also be the first MCR slash comm ever created. This fact suggests a few possibilities: that an incest pairing was indeed the first popular ship in MCR fandom, or that incest shippers felt it would be safer to create a separate space for themselves.
According to the community profile, geeheartmikey was "THE OFFICIAL 'MOST HATED MCR-RELATED COMMUNITY' ON LIVEJOURNAL.COM! WOO YAY!" This description was added in December 2004 after community members noticed a very large discussion happening in the non-fanfic community chemicalromance, where someone posted asking "what exactly is geeheartmikey? I hear everyone going on about it." The post got 195 comments, many of them using terms like "sick" and "wrong" to describe the comm. Many commenters also condemned MCR slash and/or fanfic in general. Some people defended the comm and said, basically, Don't Like, Don't Read.
- Both accounts have since been deleted: waycest_love and waycest. According to FanHistory, waycest was created on February 12, 2005. archived.
- SparklyFiend. "Such an old school MCR fan that I remember GeeHeartMikey being the only fic comm on LJ. COME AT ME." Tweet posted 20 Jul 2016.
- profile page, archived. Accessed 30 October 2016.
- untitled post by birdboys in geeheartmikey, 22 December 2004.
- untitled post by run_away_ in chemicalromance, 22 December 2004.
- comment by coricomile in chemicalromance, 22 December 2004.