Garbage Can Vid
|Trope · Genre|
|Synonyms:||kitchen sink vid|
|See Also:||vid, multifandom, multimedia|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
A garbage can vid is a vid that is made of clips from many, many different media sources. Media sources for a garbage can vid may not necessarily be fannish in nature.
The term was coined by Rachael Sabotini while working on the vid "Rescue Me", which used clips from a wide array of sources, including TV, movies and even commercials.
- A Fannish Taxonomy of Hotness, aka Hot, Hot, Hot, by Clucking Belles -- visual cliches that fans tend to like, interestingly clumped together.
- Hair by Media Cannibals -- VCR era, a meta vid for hair fans.
- I'm Your Man by Charmax -- a fabulous dizzying collection of sexy women dressed like men, with 50 different video sources
- Puttin' on the Ritz by Killa and tzikeh -- multi dance footage -- an interesting mix of fannish and non-fannish source, with fabulous rhythm throughout
- Starlight, by Buffyann, another dance vid, with very different dancing, and fabulous movement.