Fantasies (Star Trek: TOS zine)
|Fandom:||Star Trek: TOS|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Fantasies (aka "Act Five - Fantasies") was published in October 1986 and contains 158 pages. It is a slash Star Trek: TOS anthology with a cover by Shellie Whild. Other art by Shelley Whild, Chris Soto, Caro Hedge, D. V. Kenner, and Dovya Blacque.
From a note on the title page: "Please note. Pages 3 and 4 have been removed from this reprint of 'Fantasies.' These pages were the original editorial which I, as the new editor of this zine, thought best not to reprint as the opinions stated therein do not necessarily reflect those of Mkashef Enterprises. Thank you. Dovya Blacque."
- Editorial by Dovya Blacque 3
- Personal Logs: Kirk by Karn Wills 5 (Kirk and Spock each unknowingly fantasize about each other.)
- Anchor by Pam Smith 6
- Personal Logs: Spock by Karn Wills 7
- Puzzle Pieces by Pam Smith 8
- Marketplace by D.V. Hassen 9 (Images of Kirk and Spockʼs desire are stolen by an alien machine to be sold as entertainment. Sequel: Down For the Count.)
- Down for the Count by Alice Mills 11 (Images of Kirkʼs stolen desire are viewed by an alien. Prequel: Marketplace. Sequel: Tomorrow And Tomorrow)
- Blue Velvet by Allison K. 14
- Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Alice Mills 15 (Kirkʼs fantasies of Spock, as he decides who will go out to meet the giant amoeba, create unexpected feelings in the watcher. Prequel: Down for the Count. Sequel: Eromenos.)
- The First Frost by Sandee Maxwell 20
- Gambler's Luck by DVS 21 (A/U A gambler is thrown from a riverboat, but is saved by a dark-haired stranger who asks the use of his body in return.)
- The Unseen by Lisa Joas 26
- Do Dreams Dream of Me? by Robin Hood 27 (A dream within a dream has a naked Spock caught in vines that allow an equally naked Kirk to find him.)
- Drawn Together by Sandee Maxwell 41
- A Special Gift by Sandee Maxwell 42
- The Exhibitionist by Linda Bryant (Description from the publisher: "It seems it’s rather common around the galaxy to fantasize one is Captain Kirk. And it’s rumored that there is a certain vid-show in which one can live out such a fantasy. Of course, Kirk can’t resist experiencing the show for himself… along with his friends McCoy and Spock. Is it really a vid-show… or a deeply hidden Vulcan fantasy?" Another summary: Spock shares his fantasy with Kirk of seeing their physical love reenacted on stage.) 43
- Fantasy #113 by Natasha Solten 47
- Take Me by Sandee Maxwell 48
- A Big Brass Bed by Ursula Tulle 49 (Spock plays out Kirkʼs fantasy in a cabin in the mountain.)
- My Winter by Sandee Maxwell 54
- Eromenos by Tere Ann Roderick 55 (Caught once again by the alien machine, Kirk dreams of himself as a slave in Athens and Spock his beloved master. Prequel: Tomorrow And Tomorrow. Sequel: Watcher of the Dreams.)
- Dawn by DVS 65 (A/U Saved from thieves by a tall stranger, a young man agrees to meet his savior at dawn.)
- Sands Of Yesterday by Karn Wills 68
- Pooka by D.V. Kenner 69 (Kirk is in a foul mood with extra crew being trained on board, but Spock uses a demonstration of a new invisibility suit to lift his loverʼs spirits. Sequel: One Year Later.)
- One Year Later by D.V. Kenner 77 (Kirk and Spock play with the invisibility devise in the privacy of their cabin Prequel: Pooka.)
- Mindgames by Roberta 80
- The Decision by Donna Vanderlaan 83 (A seer warns Spock that an impending decision will determine whether he loses Kirk or eventually gains him as a lover.)
- Once Upon a Hill by Robin Hood 97
- The Runner by Tay Garian 99 (After being sexually assaulted on the ship, memories from his childhood resurface, disrupting Spockʼs recovery.
- Bright as the Sun by Sandee Maxwell 111
- So Alone by Sandee Maxwell 112
- Learning to Touch by Venisa I. Duvetyn 113 (Touch is the catalyst that sends Spock to Gol, and then brings him forever to Kirkʼs side.)
- Chess Game by D.V. Kenner 121 (A fantasy of gain and loss.)
- Fantasy #99 by Natasha Solten 124
- Life from Your Love by Donna Rose Vanderlaan 125
- Rerun Fantasy by Ursula Tulle 127 (After a marathon session of sex, Spock confesses to having doctored Kirkʼs champagne.)
- Projections by Natasha Solten 134
- Yesteryear by DVS (A western legend of two men, one dark, one fair, who are unaware of who they will be in the distant future.) 135
- That Leads to Vulcan by Natasha Solten 137
- These Hands by Donna Rose Vanderlaan 138
- Something Special by Roberta 139 (Kirk seduces Spock on a picnic by using Spockʼs body instead of a plate.)
- Quietly and Safely Insane by Mary Adelia 149 (Kirk is distracted from his paperwork by fantasies of Spock coming to him as his lover.)
- Blue Sands by Robin Hood 156
- Watcher of the Dream by Sue Man Chew 157 (Kirk finds the machine that has been stealing his and Spockʼs fantasies and destroys it. Prequel: Eromenos.)
Reactions and Reviews
See reactions and reviews for Something Special.
See reactions and reviews for The Decision.
See reactions and reviews for Tomorrow and Tomorrow.
See reactions and reviews for Do Dreams Dream of Me?.
See reactions and reviews for The Exhibitionist.
See reactions and reviews for Eromenos.
See reactions and reviews for Learning to Touch.
See reactions and reviews for Pooka.
See reactions and reviews for Rerun Fantasy.
See reactions and reviews for Down for the Count.
See reactions and reviews for Dawn.
See reactions and reviews for A Big Brass Bed.
See reactions and reviews for Marketplace.
See reactions and reviews for Personal Logs: Kirk.
See reactions and reviews for Gambler's Luck.
See reactions and reviews for Watcher of the Dream.
See reactions and reviews for The Runner.
See reactions and reviews for One Year Later.
See reactions and reviews for Quietly and Safely Insane.
See reactions and reviews for Yesteryear.
See reactions and reviews for Chess Game.