|Editor(s):||Lisa Brazdil, A F Allison|
|Date(s):||1991 to at least 2006|
|Genre:||mostly het, slash in issue #8|
|Fandom:||Man from UNCLE|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
From the publisher, "'Eyes Only' is dedicated to showing us the more steamy side of what went on in the pseudo-espionage world of "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.". Napoleon wasn't the only one who sometimes 'got the woman' if you know what I mean! 'Eyes Only' offers some tasty tidbits cooked up by such authors as Linda Cornett, A.F. Allison, C.W. Walker, Lisa Madden, F. Y. Driver, and many many more! There is no inside art (except for issue #1), but we do want to acknowledge our bodacious cover artists, including: Ellen Druda, Ramón Bricio, and Warren Oddsson."
From On the Double: "Characters must be written true to form for the series, book, or movies. 'True to form' means the must act and speak much the same as they did on the show. Please, no cross universes, (unless it is spy-related, such as Equalizer, Get Smart, I Spy, etc.). alternate universe. slash ("/"), or a story reprint (unless you ask me first). No graphic torture or rape. Since this zine, sexual scenes are encouraged and can range form PG-13 to X, but should be a part of the story. I am look of stories with plots. SASE for complete details."
The first issue contains 108 pages. While it is not dated, it was most likely published in 1991.
Production details: zine was composed on a typewriter. The art is photos (some professionally grayscale, others...not.) The cover had a hole in it, letting the title come through from the page beneath, and it had a color stamp saying "Confidential" on the cover. It is unclear if the stamp was supposed to discourage zine pirating.
It has no release date or letter from the editor, but is dedicated to Jon Heitland, and offers thanks to Lisa (assistant editor) and Kandi (publisher and chief cheerleader). The editor requests that LOCs go to her, for her to distribute to the authors of each issue (and warns that nasty LOCs will not be passed on), and says she doesn't know whether she'll do a sequel. Perhaps because it's het, there are an unusual amount of male names in the credits for the zine as a whole, and for the stories.
- Bedside Manners by Jacquelyn Midcult (1)
- Like a Virgin by Charlene Kirby (5)
- Companion Pieces by Ann Craig (13)
- The 70% Solution Affair by Liza Brazdil (25)
- Interludes and Tasty Tidbits (47)
- Stream of Libido by Jon Heitland (55)
- "Fore" Play by Jon Heitland (60)
- Encounter at Le Cafe by Catherine M. Schaff-Stump (64)
- Wedding Bell Blues by Thomas Fareham (71)
- The Dead Zone Affair by A F Allison (78)
- Afters and 'Zine listings (104)
Eyes Only 2 was published in 1992. It has 13 stories and is 190 pages long. On the cover: "U.N.C.L.E. for A.D.U.L.T.S."
- Editorials by The Editors (1)
- The Bump and Grind Affair by Charlene Kirby (3)
- Day of Mourning by Lola (22)
- A Wonderful Life by Lola (27)
- The Trio-partake Affair by Eros (42)
- The End of Innocence by A.F. Allison (47)
- Heat and Passion by Jennifer Adams (55)
- The Past Tense Affair by Jacqueline Midcult (60)
- Little Waters by unknown (69)
- The Lizard's Leg and Owlet's Wing Affair by C.W. Walker (72)
- Consolation Prize by C.W. Walker (135)
- Ties That Bind by C.W. Walker (140)
- The Virgins Affair by Jean Unavocat (145)
- The Party Doll Affair by Lisa Brazdil (168)
- The Elusive Microdot Affair (189)
- Ellen Druda front cover
Eyes Only 3 was published in 1994 and contains 122 pages.
- Editorial by Lisa Brazdil (3)
- Napoleon's Family by Gerald (4)
- Full Moon by Linda Cornett (7)
- Interim by C.J. Morgan (11)
- The Artistic Courtesans Affair by Tammy L. Croft (30) (crossover with Callahan's Crosstime Saloon)
- Such Friendly People by Linda Cornett (43)
- The Ukraine Affair by F.Y. Driver (55)
- Partners by Linda Cornett (94)
- The Wives and Lovers Affair by F.Y. Driver (97)
- Fingers and Toes by L.R.H. Balzer (115)
Eyes Only 4 was published in 1995 and contains 145 pages.
- Editorial by Lisa Brazdil (2)
- Virtual Reality by A.F. Allison (3)
- A Stitch in Time by Cassandra Lane (9)
- Uncovered Bridges by Linda Cornett (26)
- The Cabin by Lisa Brazdil (48) (won a 1996 FanQ)
- Black Widow by F.Y. Driver (54)
- Till Death Do Us Part by Kathy Williamson (67)
- Gender Manipulation by F.Y. Driver (81)
- The Amore Affair by Angela Field (101)
- Long Time Passing by Tammy L. Croft (114)
- The Death of Sex Affair by K.C. Noel (123)
- Comrades in Arms by C.W. Walker (144)
Eyes Only 5 was published in 1996.
- Editorial by Lisa Brazdil (3)
- Spider Bite by F.Y. Driver (4)
- Human Kindness by Linda Cornett (18)
- Home from the Office by Tasha White (24)
- Romancing the Spider by C.W. Walker (26)
- Kiss of the Mantis by Angela Field (42)
- The Shop Till You Drop Affair by Lisa Conrad (57)
- Refuge by Nan Mack & C.W. Walker (71)
- Warren Oddsson front cover
Eyes Only 6 was published in 1997 and contains 84 pages. The front and back covers are by Ramón Bricio.
- Editorial by Lisa Madden iii
- Writer's Guidelines by The Editor iv
- Coitus Interruptus by Linda Cornett (1)
- The Femme Fatale Affair by Angela Field (7)
- Cabin Fever by C.W. Walker & Nan Mack (13)
- The 'If I Were You' Affair by Mo Boldock (26)
- Menage A U.N.C.L.E. (part one) by Liselle (36)
- Parting Glances by P.R. Zed (41)
- A Minor Source of Irritation by Mo Boldock (51)
- The Never Look a White Elephant in the Mouth Affair by K.C. Noel (65)
- The Cost of Knowledge by F.Y. Driver (74)
Eyes Only 7 is 81 pages. The cover art is by Ellen Druda.
- The How Taffy Burned Down the Igloo Affair by Angela Field
- Taming The Spider by C. W. Walker
- Escape Clause by C.W. Walker
- The Hard Part by Sheryl Clay
- Dinner with Marion by Linda Cornett (6 pages)
- Changing Times & When in Paris (Puzzles) by Periwinkle (2 pages)
- None of His Business by Yum Yum PM (6 pages)
- Risky Business by C.W. Walker and F.Y. Driver (52 pages)
- Coming Home by Linda Cornett (6 pages)
- The Puzzle Affair (cross puzzle) by Periwinkle (2 pages)
Eyes Only 9 contains 56 pages, has a cover by Romanse, and is comb bound. 6 stories in all. Stories range in nature from PG-13 to X.
Summaries come from the publisher:
- The Riding the Camel Affair by Linda Cornett. "The girl would like to help with the leg!" The phrase echoed in his head, the tribal chief's oddly suggestive cadence supported by the drumming and shouts from the campfire outside. Sophie, daughter of Suldar, wanted to trade Illya Kuryakin for a camel. However before that could happen, she needed to take care of his wounded leg. Would that be all she took care of that night?
- The Better Lover by Yum Yum PM. Illya stepped through the door and heading toward the Grande Ballroom. Steps led down to the dance floor and Illya paused at the top, his eyes scanning and locating his partner without seeming to, before making his entrance. The room quieted as he started downward, his presence caused the crowd on the stairway to part in his wake. Handing over his invitation, he was aware of all eyes turned his way as he stopped at attention, bowed deeply to His Royal Highness, Prince Rainier, and his bride. "Count Kuryakin." Princess Grace smiled and led him from one group to another. Illya kept an eye on Napoleon, while seeming not to. It appeared that he had already made the acquaintance of their target, Nicole Jordan. Napoleon arrogantly thought he could do a better job of charming the information back &well it was time that Illya showed just what he was capable of accomplishing. So who is the better lover?
- Bedside Manners by Linda Cornett
- Memorandum from Alexander Waverly
- The Import-Export Business Affair by Molly Cate
- The Poker Face Affair by Periwinkle & Hazelayes