Extra Touchy Frisky
|Title:||Extra Touchy Frisky|
|Publisher:||Almost Foolproof Press|
|Editor(s):||Ann Teitelbaum and Dar F|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Extra Touchy Frisky is a Sentinel slash digest-sized anthology. On the cover of most issues: "The All-Sentinel Edition of Frisky Business. The Multimedia Slash Zine. Special Internet Edition: All fiction herein has previously appeared on the internet."
For other Frisky zines, see Frisky Business.
Extra Touchy Frisky 1 was published in January 1997 and is 60 pages long.
- Touch by ArchAnt (As if from a distance, a voice called, almost distracting Jim from his task, but he ignored it, returning his attention to the sense that had captured him. A small hot fluttery thing pulsed beneath his fingers, and it sped up as he continued to brush his finger tip over it. "Heart heat," he whispered...)
- Fates Conspire by Mickey M (Maybe if he concentrated hard enough, he'd forget all about that burning sensation that was curling through his stomach again. What was this? Since when did touching Jim create this... feeling in him? He turned his head slightly to gaze surreptitiously at the other man; studied him.)
- Bound and Determined by Katrina Bowen (Moving quickly, Blair's fingers danced across the skin of Jim's ribs, tickling him. Jim rolled away instinctively. He felt Blair grab his left arm; he felt something cold and hard click around his wrist. Blair scooted away to sit at the foot of the bed, grinning at him.)
- The Doctor Is In by Sarah Yaworsky ("So what's changed?" "It's the fanfic, Doc! They're gonna kill me!" "I'm sorry, Mr. Sandburg. I'm not familiar with the term." "It's the non-union stuff... on the 'net, in the 'zines. Fans sitting at home, making the stuff up. I always knew it was a possibility but I really had no idea how far it'd go.")
- Musings by Myrna (He resumed his kissing, thrilling at the way Blair so thoroughly relaxed under his ministrations. The kid was usually wrapped tighter than a =rum, his mind racing in a hundred directions at a hundred miles an hour.)
- What I Sent Last Year Wasn’t Good Enough… by James Walkswithwind (There was only one person he hadn't received anything from, yet. One person whose birthday greetings meant more than anything else laying scattered on the thin yellow blanket. The man he'd loved for so long, =nd so deeply that even the last two years hadn't damaged it.)
- Dancing by Yvonne S. McCool ("Come on Blair, a bachelor auction, all for charity." Jim grinned. "Kids playing little league." "Salivating women looking at me like a hamburger." "More like a fancy desert.")
- Sanctuary by Lynna Bright (They'd both felt it - friendship diving, in an act of sheer suicide, into desire. Nowhere to turn and too late. No denying it in their heart of hearts. Blair felt the Sentinel could hear his, beating faster.)
- Slenderfella by Cybel Harper
- Memories by R'rain
- Temper, Temper by Buffy
- Get Your Motor Runnin' by Kim Gasper
- Riding Solo by Kim Gasper
- Taken With Your Eyes Closed by James Walkswithwind
- A Tandem Effort by Mickey M
- Conversation by Katrina Bowen
- Ugh, Spiders by Frances Redding
- Comet-tose by MegaRed
- Second Skin by Myrna
Extra Touchy Frisky 3 was published in 1997 and contains 100 pages. The cover is by Maureen B.
- Breakfast Triptych Series by Terence (Would've Thought?, How Could He Think?, Talk to Me!)
- A Failure To Communicate by Katrina Bowen
- Gentle Into That Good Night by James Walkswithwind
- Green and Gold by Arduinna Finn
- Interruption by Lady J
- Le Dejeuner sur l'Herbe by CKC
- Now Or Never by R'Rain
Extra Touchy Frisky 4 was published in January 1998 and contains 78 pages. The cover is by Maureen B.
- Tashlich by Emily Brunson
- All That I Am I Give To You by Pumpkin
- Constitution Park by Dean Warner
- I'll Show You Mine by Legion
- Something To Talk About by The Lady of Shalott
- Itch by Noel Goddard (From the author: "Probably my best known Sentinel fic. Jim has an itch that Blair knows how to scratch. Originally posted to senad".)
- Sweet and Sour by Candy Apple
- If You'll Show Me Yours by Legion
- Hunger by Kim Gasper
Extra Touchy Frisky 5 was published in 1998 and contains 80 pages. Summaries come from the publisher's zine flyer.
- Surface and Depth by Francesca (Sandburg's brevity concerned Jim; his partner was not one to put things succinctly unless something was wrong. "No, wait, hang out for a few minutes. Have a beer with me," he suggested, walking to the fridge. Jim handed him a beer and realized that Sandburg was trying to put himself together. From what, he didn't know. "You're sure you're okay?" he asked, and Sandburg shrugged.)
- A Taxing Time by Cynthia Selene
- Gone Native by Grey (Pulling into the space in front of the building, Jim turned off the engine. Before he could say anything, Blair grabbed his dissertation folder and climbed down out of the truck, slamming the door behind him. He didn't even wait for the elevator, but took the stairs. Shit. Jim shook his head hoping to reduce the mental grinding sanding at his skull.)
- Goin' Down/Goin' Up by Debra Tabor. Author's site gone but stories in the files section of TSstoryfinders.
- Dream Deferred by The Lady of Shalott (How had he read things so wrong? He'd wanted to share his passion, to give people unfortunate enough not to have a Sentinel of their own a chance to glimpse the wonder he'd discovered. How had Jim found so much poison in what he'd intended to be a gift?)
- Sweets For The Sweet by Legion
- I'm Free by Regina Harley
- The Ones Who Live Alone by Gillian Middleton (An Alternate Universe period piece. "My name is James Ellison, Deputy Sheriff of Shrewsbury in the name of King Stephen. May I ride with you to the abbey? I suspect we are all to be guests of Abbot Bernard tonight." With a cry of victory Ellison saw the dark bundle of [Brother Blair]'s robe caught precariously in a tangle of branches washed down by the flooding spate of the river. This boy's God was watching over his accident prone servant tonight....)
Extra Touchy Frisky 6 was published in 1999 and contains 80 pages.
- Hard Start Series by Legion (Hard Start, Jump Start, Lesson One, Lesson Two)
- Silk by CMShaw
- Breathing Roomby The Lady of Shallot
- The Bait by Grey
- A Moment to Remember by Kim Gasper
- A Moment in Time by Kim Gasper
- Night Life by Holly Lyn
- Getting Marked by Kadru
Extra Touchy Frisky 7 was published in 1999 and contains 80 pages.
- Sentinel Envy by P.B. 5
- Laid Bare by Miriam 29
- Second Wind by Myrna 39
- Sensual Rhythms by The Lady of Shalott 53
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 7
See reactions and reviews for Sensual Rhythms.
See reactions and reviews for Sentinel Envy.
Extra Touchy Frisky 8 was published in 2000 and contains 76 pages.
- Eau De Pheromone by Cenlyn 1
- First of Forever by Myrna 6
- Solitude by Annabelle Leigh 21
- Mission Control by Smaragd 48
- Anoint by Resonant 64
Extra Touchy Frisky 9 was published in 2000 and contains 78 pages. Art is by Larrkin.
- Midnight Oil by Resonant 5
- Keep Dreaming series by Dean Warner 15 (Just Someone, Phantom Limbs, This Long Road of Winter, Rusted Pipe)
- Cold Sweat by Dawn M Pares 28
- Dork by Francesca and Miriam 47
- The Journey Home by boyd 66
Extra Touchy Frisky 10 was published in 2000 and contains 90 pages. Cover by Geli.
- Match Made in Heaven by Legion 1
- Pretty Boy by Francesca and Emily 13
- Slow Burn by Dawn M Pares 33
- Lie Perdu by Sihaya Black 53
- Thirteen Christmas Traditions by Resonant 81
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 10
[Lie Perdue]: Sihaya Black approaches the relationship between Jim and Blair from roughly the same direction as Legion, and her sex scenes are just as steamy and the underlying affection and tenderness just as palpable. She does prefer, however, to show Blair on top and call attention to Jim's emotional - and often physical - vulnerability during sex play. During sex, Jim's walls crumble and Blair - and the reader - can look directly into his heart. The initial setting of "Lie Perdu" requires a bit of a suspension of disbelief since the situation seems a bit too much construed, but the author's prose and the clear affection for the characters shine through.