Extra Touchy Frisky
|Title:||Extra Touchy Frisky|
|Publisher:||Almost Foolproof Press|
|Editor(s):||Ann Teitelbaum and Dar F|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Extra Touchy Frisky is a Sentinel slash digest-sized anthology. On the cover of most issues: "The All-Sentinel Edition of Frisky Business. The Multimedia Slash Zine. Special Internet Edition: All fiction herein has previously appeared on the internet."
For other Frisky zines, see Frisky Business.
According to its publisher, it was the third all-slash Sentinel print zine published.
Extra Touchy Frisky 1 was published in January 1997 and is 60 pages long. The zine contains several black and white screencaps from the show.From the editorial:
This project is a bit of an experiment for us. All the stories in this zine have been 'published' already - on the Internet. There is a huge amount of talent out there, and some people who have e-mail have been discussing whether Internet Action will mean the death of paper fanzines. There are two (that I personally know of) all-Sentinel slash zines proposed, but most print zine editors do not accept previously-distributed fiction. Thus, we hope to find out now - is there a market for this kind of zine? Will people hesitate to buy fiction they can get for 'free' off the 'net? Or is this a good way to bring more people into a fandom, by reaching those who don't have Internet access? We shall see.... If this goes well, we may have a whole new series of zines on our hands! Until then, I'd like to thank the authors who have given permission for me to print their fiction here, and to thank them for sharing it in the first place. I'd like to thank James Walkswithwind, especially, for making a mailing list happen; it's resulted in a huge amount of fiction and discussion that I'm delighted with. And I'd like to thank Sharon for getting me into this fandom in the first place.
- Touch by ArchAnt (As if from a distance, a voice called, almost distracting Jim from his task, but he ignored it, returning his attention to the sense that had captured him. A small hot fluttery thing pulsed beneath his fingers, and it sped up as he continued to brush his finger tip over it. "Heart heat," he whispered...) (3)
- Fates Conspire by Mickey M (Maybe if he concentrated hard enough, he'd forget all about that burning sensation that was curling through his stomach again. What was this? Since when did touching Jim create this... feeling in him? He turned his head slightly to gaze surreptitiously at the other man; studied him.) (6)
- Bound and Determined by Katrina Bowen (Moving quickly, Blair's fingers danced across the skin of Jim's ribs, tickling him. Jim rolled away instinctively. He felt Blair grab his left arm; he felt something cold and hard click around his wrist. Blair scooted away to sit at the foot of the bed, grinning at him.) (15)
- The Doctor Is In by Sarah Yaworsky ("So what's changed?" "It's the fanfic, Doc! They're gonna kill me!" "I'm sorry, Mr. Sandburg. I'm not familiar with the term." "It's the non-union stuff... on the 'net, in the 'zines. Fans sitting at home, making the stuff up. I always knew it was a possibility but I really had no idea how far it'd go.") (20)
- Musings by Myrna (He resumed his kissing, thrilling at the way Blair so thoroughly relaxed under his ministrations. The kid was usually wrapped tighter than a =rum, his mind racing in a hundred directions at a hundred miles an hour.) (22)
- What I Sent Last Year Wasn’t Good Enough… by James Walkswithwind (There was only one person he hadn't received anything from, yet. One person whose birthday greetings meant more than anything else laying scattered on the thin yellow blanket. The man he'd loved for so long, and so deeply that even the last two years hadn't damaged it.) (28)
- Dancing by Yvonne S. McCool ("Come on Blair, a bachelor auction, all for charity." Jim grinned. "Kids playing little league." "Salivating women looking at me like a hamburger." "More like a fancy desert.") (Some or a variation of this was later published in a two-volume set of fiction by McCool in 2007.) (32)
- The Doctor is In: Jim's Side by ArchAnt (39)
- Sanctuary by Lynna Bright (They'd both felt it - friendship diving, in an act of sheer suicide, into desire. Nowhere to turn and too late. No denying it in their heart of hearts. Blair felt the Sentinel could hear his, beating faster.) (41)
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 1
See reactions and reviews for Dancing.
See reactions and reviews for Sanctuary.
[zine]: Previously 'net published, of course. But it's so nice to have the best picks in a handy little digest sized 'zine. And the price!?! Can't beat it! Almost Foolproof Press is the publisher and main distributor, but the ETF 'zines can also be purchased through Agent With Style. I am pleased with both distributors, but am not endorsing one over the other. 
Well, our experiment was a success! ETF#I sold well enough to convince us to do another issue - and the author's are prolific enough to support it, as well! So, here you go - more touching, more smelling, more sights and sounds... more love, Sentinel style!
Thanks, as always, to the authors for giving permission for us to reprint their work here. You'll be riding a rollercoaster of emotion here, so hung on!!And stick around, because we have another issue planned for July, too....
- Slenderfella by Cybel Harper (3)
- Memories by R'rain (21)
- Temper, Temper by Buffy (25)
- Get Your Motor Runnin' by Kim Gasper (30)
- Riding Solo by Kim Gasper (37)
- A Tandem Effort by Mickey M (42)
- Taken With Your Eyes Closed by James Walkswithwind (51)
- Conversation by Katrina Bowen (59)
- Ugh, Spiders by Frances Redding (61)
- Comet-tose by MegaRed (67)
- Second Skin by Myrna (78)
inside page from issue #2 by MegaRed
Extra Touchy Frisky 3 was published in 1997 and contains 100 pages. The cover is by Maureen B.. It contains a black and white screencap.
- Breakfast Triptych Series by Terence (Would've Thought?, How Could He Think?, Talk to Me!) (3)
- A Failure To Communicate by Katrina Bowen (17)
- Gentle into That Good Night by James Walkswithwind (20)
- Green and Gold by Arduinna Finn (55)
- Interruption by Lady J (63)
- Le Dejeuner sur l'Herbe by CKC (68)
- Now Or Never by R'Rain (81)
Extra Touchy Frisky 4 was published in January 1998 and contains 78 pages. The cover is by Maureen B..From the editorial:
Almost Foolproof Press had a slow 1997, but we're back on track now, and another issue of ETF will be out soon (like, in August!)... The Sentinel fandom seems to be a hot fandom, and we're glad to be able to spread some of this wonderful fiction around, so that you can hook more of your friends!
- Tashlich by Emily Brunson (3)
- All That I Am I Give To You by Pumpkin (10)
- Constitution Park by Dean Warner (28)
- I'll Show You Mine by Legion (35)
- Something To Talk About by The Lady of Shalott (38)
- Itch by Noel Goddard (From the author: "Probably my best known Sentinel fic. Jim has an itch that Blair knows how to scratch. Originally posted to senad.") (51)
- Sweet and Sour by Candy Apple (56)
- If You'll Show Me Yours by Legion (60)
- Hunger by Kim Gasper (65)
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 4
These are wonderful little 'zines for carrying around. As the description notes they are previously 'net published, but they have picked some real gems to fill these bite sized 'zines with. I especially like them because they are so portable and they usually feature some of my fav authors such as Candy Apple, Legion, The Lady of Shalott....
Why you should buy this 'zine: As I said...portable! Top quality fanfic neatly compiled for us.Why you shouldn't buy this 'zine: If you're really put off by printing errors, you might want to skip this one. Though it's minor, one page is printed crooked so that the words run off the page. But I can still read it. The Xerox machine needed a new drum, so there are light streaks down the sides of the pages. However, for no more than they ask for the 'zine, it was well worth the cost to me. I've carried mine around many times! 
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 4
See reactions and reviews for Hunger.
Extra Touchy Frisky 5 was published in 1998 and contains 80 pages.
Summaries come from the publisher's zine flyer.The editorial:
This issue contains some powerful stories dealing with the events at the end of third season; Gone Native and Dream Deferred are two explorations of the effect Blair's dissertation may have on the guys' relationship. I've included some lighter pieces to balance things, and hopefully by the time the next ETF arrives, we'll have news of the series' return lo the air. To that end, I encourage everyone to drop a note to UPN to let them know that the viewers do remember The Sentinel, and we're waiting for it to return.
- Surface and Depth by Francesca ("Sandburg's brevity concerned Jim; his partner was not one to put things succinctly unless something was wrong. "No, wait, hang out for a few minutes. Have a beer with me," he suggested, walking to the fridge. Jim handed him a beer and realized that Sandburg was trying to put himself together. From what, he didn't know. "You're sure you're okay?" he asked, and Sandburg shrugged.") (3)
- A Taxing Time by Cynthia Selene (10)
- Gone Native by Grey ("Pulling into the space in front of the building, Jim turned off the engine. Before he could say anything, Blair grabbed his dissertation folder and climbed down out of the truck, slamming the door behind him. He didn't even wait for the elevator, but took the stairs. Shit. Jim shook his head hoping to reduce the mental grinding sanding at his skull.") (16)
- Goin' Down/Goin' Up by Debra Tabor. (26)
- Dream Deferred by The Lady of Shalott ("How had he read things so wrong? He'd wanted to share his passion, to give people unfortunate enough not to have a Sentinel of their own a chance to glimpse the wonder he'd discovered. How had Jim found so much poison in what he'd intended to be a gift?") (30)
- Sweets for the Sweet by Legion (42)
- I'm Free by Regina Harley (45)
- The Ones Who Live Alone by Gillian Middleton ("An Alternate Universe period piece. "My name is James Ellison, Deputy Sheriff of Shrewsbury in the name of King Stephen. May I ride with you to the abbey? I suspect we are all to be guests of Abbot Bernard tonight." With a cry of victory Ellison saw the dark bundle of [Brother Blair]'s robe caught precariously in a tangle of branches washed down by the flooding spate of the river. This boy's God was watching over his accident prone servant tonight....") (47)
Extra Touchy Frisky 6 was published in 1999 and contains 80 pages.
- Hard Start Series by Legion (Hard Start, Jump Start, Lesson One, Lesson Two) (5)
- Silk by cmshaw (17)
- Breathing Roomby The Lady of Shallot (29)
- The Bait by Grey (35)
- A Moment to Remember by Kim Gasper (39)
- A Moment in Time by Kim Gasper (46)
- Night Life by Holly Lyn (52)
- Getting Marked by Kadru (68)
Extra Touchy Frisky 7 was published in 1999 and contains 80 pages.
- Sentinel Envy by P.B. (5)
- Laid Bare by Miriam (29)
- Second Wind by Myrna (39)
- Sensual Rhythms by The Lady of Shalott (53)
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 7
See reactions and reviews for Sensual Rhythms.
See reactions and reviews for Sentinel Envy.
Extra Touchy Frisky 8 was published in 2000 and contains 76 pages.
- Eau De Pheromone by Cenlyn (1)
- First of Forever by Myrna (6)
- Solitude by Annabelle Leigh (21)
- Mission Control by Smaragd (48)
- Anoint by Resonant (64)
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 8
See reactions and reviews for Mission Control.
Extra Touchy Frisky 9 was published in 2000 and contains 78 pages. The front cover is by Larrkin. It contains several black and white screencaps.
- Midnight Oil by Resonant (5)
- Keep Dreaming series by Dean Warner (Just Someone, Phantom Limbs, This Long Road of Winter, Rusted Pipe) (15)
- Cold Sweat by Dawn M Pares (28)
- Dork by Francesca and Miriam (47)
- The Journey Home by boyd (66)
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 9
See reactions and reviews for Dork.
See reactions and reviews for Cold Sweat.
Extra Touchy Frisky 10 was published in 2000 and contains 90 pages. Cover by Geli.
- Match Made in Heaven by Legion (1)
- Pretty Boy by Francesca and Emily (13)
- Slow Burn by Dawn M Pares (33)
- Lie Perdu by Sihaya Black (53) (The editor notes that "The sequel to 'Lie Perdu,' 'Lock 'n' Load,' will appear in Extra Touchy Frisky 11 in May." -- issue #11 was not published)
- Thirteen Christmas Traditions by Resonant (81)
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 10
See reactions and reviews for Thirteen Christmas Traditions.
See reactions and reviews for Lie Perdu.
See reactions and reviews for Pretty Boy.