|Creator:||Andrew Cosby, Jaime Paglia|
|Country of Origin:||USA|
|External Links:||[www.scifi.com/eureka Official Site], [www.eurekafan.com/ Eureka Fan Site]|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
A small, highly secretive, classified town is home to a horde of geniuses and scientists plus its street-smart sheriff, Jack Carter, who is entrusted with trying to maintain the peace.
A fandom with an active Internet presence, it is one of the new breed of fandoms where participation in the fandom is spread across the Internet rather than a necessarily centralized listserve or singular forum.
On August 9, 2006, the first fanfic posted to The Eureka Public Library was Down the Road by Raine Wynd. The first slash to be posted in the fandom, All Bets Are Off by skypipe was posted on August 23, 2006 to Eureka Slash.
The fandom has a newsletter community called the Eureka Gazette.
The main slash pairing is Jack/Nathan, although Henry/Nathan is also popular as is Jack/Allison/Nathan.
The show also features canon AUs, and has canon crossovers with Warehouse 13.
In fanfic crossovers with other fandoms are common, most notably with the Marvel Cinematic Universe where it is often stated that Nathan is related to Tony Stark, with Buffy since Buffy had several examples of weird science, but sometimes because Felicia Day (Dr. Holly Marten) also played the Potential Slayer Vi, and with Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, usually because of Eureka's military and scientific role, but sometimes with the idea that Jack is related to Samantha Carter.
The removal of the character of Nathan Stark in the third season caused alarm across the fandom, with many fans shocked by the way Nathan apparently died. Support for Nathan's reappearance quickly developed with the Bring Stark Back Campaign, although the actor, Ed Quinn, was quoted by writer Eric Wallace  as saying that he wanted to leave.
- I Take Thee, Carter: A Tale of Several Weddings and an Apocalypse by Deifire; "In the alternate timeline Henry created, Jack and Allison finally got a chance at happiness together. But Eureka was still Eureka." (Jack/Alison)
- Warehouse Party by fashionablenerd "When Claudia gets left alone on her 21st birthday, she decides to throw herself a party in the Warehouse and hi-jinks ensue." (Warehouse 13 crossover - Claudia Donovan/Douglas Fargo)
- Imminent Disaster Makes Me Horny by clarkoholic; "It's not every day I fly up to see my big brother and save the world. I may as well meet your boyfriend while I'm at it." (Iron Man crossover, Jack/Nathan)
- At Least It Wasn't Zombies by Jedi Buttercup; "As long as his job in Eureka never crossed the line into outright horror movie territory, Jack could tell himself it wasn't really all that bad." (Buffy crossover)
- We Call It A Demolecularizing Multiphasic Teleportation Beam by havocthecat; Zoe Carter pops up on Atlantis. Literally. (Stargate Atlantis crossover)