|Date(s):||September 22, 2005-present|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|External Links:||Official CBS Site|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Criminal Minds is an American crime show about a group of forensic psychologists specialising in catching serial killers.
The fandom is notable for having a lot of femslash as well as slash and het, partially due to the fact that the women in the main cast are usually as well-developed as the men in the cast. While Spencer Reid is by far the most popular character (possibly because of he's an extreme Woobie), all the current main characters (Aaron Hotchner, Jennifer Jareau, David Rossi, Derek Morgan, Emily Prentiss, and Penelope Garcia as of this edit) have active fans and enthusiastic fan fic-writers.
Notably, everyone in the current team has been shipped with someone else on the team. Popular pairings include Spencer Reid/anyone (though especially Aaron Hotchner/Spencer Reid and Derek Morgan/Spencer Reid), Aaron Hotchner/Emily Prentiss, Emily Prentiss/David Ross, Aaron Hotchner/David Rossi, Jennifer "JJ" Jareau/Emily Prentiss, and Penelope Garcia/Derek Morgan. Penelope Garcia is a popular character just for being generally awesome, but she's shipped less often than the other team members.
- Casefic: Like many fandoms based on procedural television, quite a few pieces of fan fiction take the form of casefics.
- Clooney the dog: In the episode "Secrets and Lies" it is revealed that Derek Morgan has a dog named Clooney; though the dog was never again mentioned on the show, he is quite popular in fanfic.
- Acute Angles by Smittywing: Aaron Hotchner/Emily Prentiss/David Rossi, ~40,000 words, rated Explicit. When Hotch said things have changed, he meant for all of them.
- Cause of Snow Verse by wojelah and Smittywing: Emily Prentiss/David Ross, rated Explicit.
- Compatibility by trancer: Jennifer "JJ" Jareau/Emily Prentiss, ~32,000 words, rated Explicit. Vampire AU. Emily Prentiss was different. A new breed of vampire. One with all of their strengths, none of their weaknesses. Now, Jennifer Jareau, the BAU’s newest Communications Liason, was to become Emily‘s. But, Jareau has secrets of her own. When a case suddenly throws the two together, the secrets between them will either tear them apart, or bring them closer together.
- Evidently Unaware by travelinthedark: Aaron Hotchner/Spencer Reid, ~9,000 words, rated Mature. “So,” Reid says, eyeing Hotch warily, “I’m going to leave you here to freak out as you slowly realize that we’ve been dating for a while and you just didn’t know it.” Featuring oblivious!Hotch and aggressive!Reid.
- how i liked you best by zarathuse: Derek Morgan/Spencer Reid, ~7,000 words, rated Teen and Up. in which morgan and reid go undercover in a gay bar. the end.
- Is This Your Card? by MerryArwen: Spencer Reid/Austin, ~10,000 words, rated Teen and Up. A series of shorts, written to mesh with a friend's personal canon, wherein Spencer Reid and Austin (the bartender from "52 Pickup") have been quietly dating since that episode.
- Many Paths by tigerlady: Aaron Hotchner/John Blackwolf, ~19,000 words, rated Explicit. There is an old Apache saying: You can take many paths to get to the same place.
- Strength of the Pack by Welfycat: Aaron Hotchner/Derek Morgan leading to Aaron Hotchner/Derek Morgan/Spencer Reid. ~87,000 words, rated Mature. Werewolf AU.
Criminal Minds Chibi, by Elixia-Dragmire
Criminal Minds, by thatsnotmyname
Caricatures: Criminal Minds, by rotten-apples
Criminal Minds, by Avrilando
- 21 guns by Haydenluv
- Hallelujah by FaithHIM
- Hero by michyc27
- How to Save a Life by BigSmiley1986
- Lighter side of the BAU by Hotchpotch08
Archives & Communities
Fan Fiction Archives
- Appointment in Georgetown
- Criminal Minds Profiles (non-fiction)
- Our Solemn Hour
- Take or Give - Sonia