|Trope · Genre|
|Related:||Point of View, External POV|
|See Also:||Unreliable Narrator|
|Tropes · Slash Tropes · Tropes by Fandom|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
A Bystander story is one told from the point of view of an outsider or third party to the action.
- Multifandom: A New POV: Bystander Stories - 2003 concept-based anthology fanzine.
- Angel: Light Walks by Sheila. The ordinary residents of LA during the eclipse.
- Angel: 40 Days of One Night Stands by Jennifer-Oksana. A neighbour overhearing Wesley and Lilah.
- Stargate Atlantis: Blink (link) by lavvyan. cyberpunk AU fic told in first person from an OFC's perspective, written for McShep Match 2008.
- Starsky and Hutch: Someone Kneeling by Salieri - Starsky and Hutch in an alley, observed by someone else.
- Starsky and Hutch: The Rest of the Story by Audrey - A Los Angeles Times reporter comes calling, and finds plenty to write about as the boys investigate a series of murders.
- Supernatural: Centuries of stony sleep were vexed to nightmare and sequel ... by a rocking cradle by britomart_is. The Apocalypse is kind of a sidenote to an unnamed OFC's quest to very pragmatically provide the Antichrist with an heir. Told in second person.
- Supernatural: Gods and Monsters by silverkit. A small girl and her somewhat baffled father take in an injured cat, who is shortly joined by another cat, of whom they can't figure out if it's his boyfriend or his brother.