Buddies: A Collection of Media Art 1958-2001
|Title:||Buddies: A Collection of Media Art 1958-2001|
|Publisher:||LRH Balzar, Warren Oddsson|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Buddies: A Collection of Media Art 1958-2001 is a 52-page collection of Warren Oddsson fanart. It has some short explanatory text by LRH Balzar about some of Warren Oddsson's favorite shows and his artistic challenges.
Most (all?) of the art in this zine is reprinted from the covers and interiors of print zines.
Warren Oddsson enjoyed coffee, television, and drawing ... not necessarily in that order. Fortunately for him, he could combine his interests and produce some incredible artwork, as you can see in these pages.
Warren died in August of 2001. He is greatly missed by all for his droll sense of humor, his warm friendship, his legacy of artwork, and his vast pool of knowledge - he had a degree in political science, as well as art history. He had even worked with NASA to design a logo for one mission.
This collection was put together for a reason - to raise money to keep his website going. Thank you for purchasing this collection, and please visit the website, look at his artwork, and discover more about who Warren was:
In the next few months, we hope to get a domain name, so if the above link doesn't work, try:
- Pros (9 pieces: cover art for After the Battle, interior art for "After the Battle," a piece titled "Regarding Sunshine," three untitled pieces) (4)
- Starsky and Hutch (3 pieces: cover art for Better Together, Above and Beyond, Closer Than a Brother) (10)
- Highlander (3 pieces: a piece titled "Kinsmen," a piece titled "The Watcher," and an untitled piece) (13)
- Xena (1 piece, untitled) (16)
- X-Files (1 piece titled "The Interrupted Journey," a small illo called "Filing Cabinet," and one called "Deep Throat," a color piece called "Someone to Watch Over Me") (17)
- MUNCLE (18 pieces: cover art for Reemergence, small illos titled: "Control Issues," "Double Trouble," "The Other Guys," "Midnight Rescue," New Orleans Flame," "Man with a Mission," Enigma," Trio," plus three untitled pieces. larger pieces -- an untitled piece, "Partners," "The Man Behind the Man from U.N.C.L.E.," "Flags and Loyalties," "Kenya Nights," "License to Thrill") (20)
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (untitled) (32)
- Wild Wild West (untitled) (33)
- Red Dwarf (untitled) (33)
- Mod Squad (untitled) (34)
- Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (untitled) (35)
- Star Wars (titled "Rebel Hearts") (36)
- Star Trek (untitled) (37)
- Nash Bridges (6 pieces: "Joe and Nash," the rest untitled) (38)
- Battlestar Galactica (untitled) (41)
- Sentinel (18 pieces: "The Pride of Cascade," "Waiting for the Game," "Black Jaguar," "Man's Best Friend," "No Center Line]], the rest untitled ) (42)