|Name(s):||Backstreet Boys (BSB)|
|Scope/Focus:||fanfiction written about the musical group Backstreet Boys|
|Date(s):||1997 to present
Subpages for Backstreet Boys:
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Backstreet Boys is a musical vocal group that is one of the major Popslash fandoms. The group does not label itself as a boy band, but everyone else calls them that. Its members are AJ McLean, Brian Littrell, Howie Dorough, Nick Carter and Kevin Richardson.
Backstreet Boys fandom emerged in the late 1990s as a largely het fandom, and later experienced a resurgence as part of what was then called popslash.
In the early het fandom, many fics featured Mary Sue type characters. Sexually explicit stories were often called "visuals" and there was a website campaign called What Would Backstreet Think? that objected to such content in fic.
- Can You Feel Me? by Danielle
- The Grace Series by Danielle and Tina
- Ground Zero by Chaos
- Oreos For Breakfast by The Paperbag Princess and The Pumpkin Coach
- Port In A Storm by Jill and Sabrina
- Quit Playing Games, In Name Only and The Kat Came Back by Kat Morgan
- Swollen Issues by Kristina "with a little help from Carrie"
- When Nicky Met Lexie by Bobbi