Aftermath (Star Trek: TOS zine)
|Publisher:||the 1st K/S Con Committee|
|Editor(s):||Bonnie Davis, Merle Decker, and others|
|Fandom:||Star Trek: TOS|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The first K/S con was held From October 17th to the 19th of 1980 in Boyds, Maryland with thirty-one attendees, and soon Aftermath saw print, the first con committee zine. Contributors included both gen and K/Sers so it seems obvious that no matter the [K/S] dissension that still raged, many writers had no problem enjoying each other’s company.
Some summaries below are by Gilda F.
- When the Night Meets the Morning Sun by Crystal Ann Taylor (M/U: When Spock discovers Kirk with Elaan, the jealousy he did not know he felt flares to life and he takes what he now knows he desires above all else.) (also in Never and Always with Lighter Shades)
- Written in the Stars by Crystal Ann Taylor (After VʼGer, Spock asks Kirk to the OD, intent on healing the breach in their relationship his leaving created.) (also in T'hy'la #3)
- The Rescued by Crystal Ann Taylor
- Another Vulcan Fantasy by Pamela Rose (After Kirkʼs experience of being split by the transporter, Spock dreams of what could have happened if it had been him instead.) (also in Cheap Thrills #2)
- A Place for Everything and Everything in its Place by Ellen L. Kobrin (Kirk and Spock take a slow ride in the turbolift.) (also in Cheap Thrills #1)
- On Second Thought by Jeannette Paris (Kirk and Spock decide not to be lovers-almost.)
- Carnival's End by Madelein Lee (Kirk and Spock have a disagreement over a security manʼs crush on Kirk.) (also in Out of Bounds, Again & Nocturne)
- Spock's Box by Poison Pen (A/U: Spock reminisces about every woman he has had to kill in order to make Kirk his own.)(also in Progressions)
- Captives by Susie G.
- Things Are Not Always What They Seem by Ginna LaCroix
- The Early Bird by Pamela Rose
- The Joy of Spock by Annette Hall
- The Starry Pathways End by April Valentine
- Clothes to Make the Man by Sharon D.
- When Dreams Come True by Pamela Rose
- A Star Beyond Time by Bev Volker and Nancy Kippax
Reactions and Reviews
See reactions and reviews for Another Vulcan Fantasy.
See reactions and reviews for Carnival's End.